Active Now

Slartibartfast
Flint Ironstag
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Back in the day people APPRECIATED those who fought hard to save their lives. Today they attack threaten insult malign! WHAT HAPPENED?

Back in the day people APPRECIATED those who fought hard to save their lives. Today they attack threaten insult malign! WHAT HAPPENED?

Posted - November 13, 2020

Responses

This is MY life!  How dare you try to interfere with it by using a lame excuse like "I'm trying to save it"!?!  You're nothing but a lying (insert insulting name(s) here)!!   I'm gonna sue your (insert expletive followed by anatomy part of choice here) off!    {sarcasm}

What happened is that we've been duped into believing that each individual - and only that individual - knows/can know what's best for them.  Once this attitude reached the leadership, it mushroomed.  And the sheeple blindly followed (Lead us, master; whatever you say is truth.  We dare not think for ourselves.)
      November 13, 2020 11:22 AM MST

Here is a question I gotta ask and I will. Why aren't parents doing their best to protect their children? Why are they jeopardizing the lives of their children by their actions or inactions? I don't get it. Do you? It makes no sense at all to me as a mom. None. Does it make it any sense to you? Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak. i wonder how many kids will suffer for their parents misdeeds? Lots I expect.
      November 13, 2020 11:27 AM MST

I think many believe they are. doing their best  The problem is, this "duping" has been done so subtly that few recognized it.  However kids are raised, they see it as "normal".  (that's how my mommy and daddy raised me and I turned out ok, so...).

November 13, 2020 12:33 PM MST

Inculcating hate? Demonizing and vilifying "the other"? They think they are doing their best by their children by forcing them into the same mold as they were forced to be in by their parents? WHOA. That is sad. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      November 14, 2020 5:07 AM MST

Just goes to show how depraved this worlds really is.
      November 14, 2020 10:48 AM MST

I have been blessed to live in the better angel world longer than you Shuhak. I wish it were otherwise for you. I have memories you will never have and that makes me terribly sad. How ya doin' today m'dear? All things considered...okay? Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 14, 2020 10:56 AM MST

I'm hanging in there.
      November 14, 2020 11:03 AM MST

Why am I not surprised. You always do. But seriously breathing wise and asthma wise are you okay or are you still struggling? Don't answer if I'm being too nosy but well you know you're my pal and I care. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) Was it last year you told me of all the things you prepared for Thanksgiving you were going to take over to your sister's? Or was it for Christmas? My gosh how sad is that? Oh well. We move on. SIGH! :) You shared with me some of your recipes. Can that only have been a year ago? It seems so very long ago.
      November 14, 2020 11:08 AM MST

Breathing is ok today.  Which is good, since I don't want to have to use my inhaler as it could put me back in AFib.

Yes, that was last year.  And I did it for both holidays.
      November 14, 2020 11:19 AM MST

Glad to hear that. Only last year? It seems forever ago. This kinda suck bigly. I wonder what next year at Thanksgiving will be? What d'ya think? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) I'm gonna ask.
      November 14, 2020 11:24 AM MST

Actually, I've done it for a few years now.  

I think it will depend on if there's a vaccine and if people take it.  If so, it should be back to "normal".  
      November 14, 2020 12:10 PM MST

I hope so. I'm not sure what that "normal" will have become but I do look forward to trying it out and see if it fits. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 16, 2020 4:10 AM MST

Back in the day would be Viet Nam. We were really appreciated. Yeah, right.
      November 14, 2020 12:15 PM MST

I can see that it still rankles you after all these years E. I'm not a vet. I remember the chants of "HE** no I won't go". The people were against the war. It was not popular to soldier then as it was during World War 2. I'm sure it must have hurt a great deal and I'm sorry for that. Because that is the thing you contributed to this question I think you are still burdened deeply by it. Do you think you will ever be able to let it go E? Thank you for your reply. Thank you for your service to our country.
      November 16, 2020 4:13 AM MST

I'm over it.
      November 16, 2020 9:12 AM MST

I cannot imagine what it would be like fighting in a war and either causing people to die or seeing it happen. I cannot imagine ever forgetting it and moving on. Lucky for the military I'm a girl. I wouldn't be a very good soldier. Putting your life on the line for your country and then being excoriated or vilified for it? That is even more unimaginable. Lots of things people regret having done. No way to undo it. You just try your best to come to terms with it I expect. Thank you for your reply E! :)
      November 16, 2020 9:36 AM MST