Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Study shows living with a dog increase risk of COVID 19." Oh lordy lordy lordy. What about cats?

"Study shows living with a dog increase risk of COVID 19." Oh lordy lordy lordy. What about cats?

Posted - November 16, 2020

Responses

Haven't seen the study or story, so I can't say for certain ... but I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that dogs are pack animals, and tend to be more social.

Cats - not so much.

Example:  A dog will let anyone pet it.  Cats, not so much.
    So a dog is more likely to transmit the virus because someone petting it could transfer the virus to the dog's fur ... where it could be picked up by other people petting the dog.  Or the dog licking multiple people (or surfaces), one of whom (which) has the virus.
      November 16, 2020 1:12 PM MST

That makes sense. Cats are far less needy. Far more independent than dogs. So that makes a great deal of sense. Thank you for your reply Walt. Your state shut down again yet? :)
      November 17, 2020 12:48 PM MST

That's pretty scary to me because it might mean   that I will  catch the coronaviris. I have always been able to  teach  my dogs special tricks and skills but I don't think I would be able to teach him socIal distancing because he likes being close to my heals.  Cheers!
      November 16, 2020 3:25 PM MST

Do you keep them at home with you and your family Nanoose or do you allow them to roam? I had one dog when I was 10 but many cats. They are very independent and do not like being touched UNLESS they are in the mood..and then only temporarily. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 17, 2020 12:50 PM MST

My cat roams but my dog stays in the yard. Cheers!
      November 17, 2020 1:27 PM MST

I bet the study was written by THIS guy ...

November 16, 2020 3:34 PM MST

Could be R. Anything is possible in the world in which we live today. If you keep your pets at home and don't let them roam I don't see how they will bring back if they don't leave. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 17, 2020 12:51 PM MST

How loud can I roll my eyes?

The only way they could possibly do this is if they brought it in on their feet or if someone coughed, sneezed or spit on their fur.  Of course, the same goes for their "people" too (shoes, clothing, hair).  If they're so afraid then they should wipe their pets down before bringing them inside (NOT with chemicals!!).
    I swear!  If they'd spend more time and effort making people to wear a mask and social distance than thy do trying to blame it on animals (or who know what), they'd get better results.  The next thing they'll be saying is that having ghosts in your house will make you more likely to get COVID.
      November 16, 2020 4:39 PM MST

Uh-oh! I fear someone will co-opt that and start a group of anti-ghost terrorists. Mebbe none of the crackpots will see that Shuhak. Thank you for your reply. We'll see what your s'posin' generates. :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 17, 2020 6:28 PM MST
      November 17, 2020 12:46 PM MST

:)    

{maybe I should copyright it}
      November 17, 2020 4:31 PM MST

Can't hurt to head them off at the pass!  Those "them" who ride the coattails of others! Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      November 18, 2020 1:19 AM MST