Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Remember a few months ago when Boris Johnson of the U.K. got the virus and it was a very bad case?

Remember a few months ago when Boris Johnson of the U.K. got the virus and it was a very bad case?

He got through it and survived it. now he is in an 14-day quarantine because he was exposed to someone who had it.

So this immunity claim is bullsh** then? If you get it and survive you will get it again at some point?

Really? Isn't that swell?

Posted - November 17, 2020

Responses

It's POSSIBLE that he is immune, but that doesn't mean he can't be a carrier.
      November 17, 2020 3:37 PM MST

Immunity doesn't last for long though Shuhak. I read that it may last for 4 months. It may not. Weird. Thank you for your reply. I've read of a few getting it twice. So I dunno. You live the worst of the consequences. Gasping for air. Those with asthma are used to it. It is among the most AWFUL things one can experience but the maskless just don't care. Just let them experience it. See how well they handle it. Sheesh. Thank you for your reply. At least you don't have crapped up air to breathe right? The fires are gone for now?
      November 18, 2020 2:07 AM MST

The fires are gone ... ish. 

As of 9am last Monday, the county lifted the  burning ban (we got a whole inch of rain last week, and they figured that somehow everything was now wet??).  People couldn't wait to burn.  My neighbor lit one of his many large piles exactly at 9 am... and the smoke hung thick here all day.  Others around the county did the same ... and (big shock here) there were several "runaway" fires.  
      November 18, 2020 10:03 AM MST

You aren't teasing me are you? YOU ARE SERIOUS? OMG.Oy Vey! Good Grief. I guess clean clear air seemed like a bad thing to them so they set about to right that wrong? I don't know what to say to you m'dear. You are surrounded by fools. Your bad luck. Condolences. How long did you have to breathe CLEAN air before it got all crapped up again? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. What next? :(
      November 19, 2020 6:51 AM MST

No kidding.  In fact, he lit another pile at 8:45 today.  With zero wind, it's just sitting in the air, and slowly spreading.

If you don't count chimney smoke, I'd say we had about 3-4 weeks of relatively "clean" air (probably a bit less). 
      November 19, 2020 10:19 AM MST

This is beyond incredibly bad luck Shuhak. It HAS GOT TO CHANGE FOR YOU. It's just not fair and I think (I hope) the universe is fair over time and balances out. Does he not breathe it too? Does he have gills or something? Does he wear a gas mask or a HAZMAT suit 24/7? It's unbelievable to me that anyone after what you have all been through FOR WEEKS due to the fires would add to terrible air quality. Obtuse? Zombie? What? Condolences. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 23, 2020 5:47 AM MST

Unfortunately, many people seem to pick out the worse cases and run with them. While being pretty much oblivious to the other mild cases of the coronavirus which make up the vast majority of the cases. My nephew's two youngest kids both had a mild case of the virus. Both got over it in a couple of days. My nephew and his wife never got sick. People really need to curb their end of the world scenarios.
      November 17, 2020 7:00 PM MST

The quarantine is as much a precaution against infecting others as waiting to see if you are infected yourself. 

The truth is that Covid-19 has not really been around for long enough to know the extent and variability of its machinations, but it seems so far people who have had it twice are not so badly affected the second time.  

Biology is a serious and complicated science, but part of the complication is that is about things that are nothing like mass-produced bits of machinery. 
      November 18, 2020 2:32 PM MST