Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "HOARDERS GUT STORE SHELVES". "Panic shopping. Paper, cleaning items in short supply bagain as coronavirus cases spike" You hoarding?

"HOARDERS GUT STORE SHELVES". "Panic shopping. Paper, cleaning items in short supply bagain as coronavirus cases spike" You hoarding?

"Unrelenting U.S. deaths from COVID-19 hit 250,000 as outbreaks RAGES across country"

Here we go again only this time it's worse. SIGH. See you on the other end? If not it's been swell.

Are the HOARDERS the duck supporters virus ignorers? Why? Since they believe it is all a fake why do their hoard anything? How is that LOGICAL?

Posted - November 19, 2020

Responses

We keep a good supply of things we need. 

I believe the hoarding is because Biden people are talking about. 5-6 Week lockdown.  
      November 19, 2020 6:34 AM MST

Of course you do. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday. President elect said specifically THERE WILL BE NO LOCKDOWN.

But of course you would not be aware of that. Right? Of course you wouldn't.
      November 20, 2020 1:14 AM MST

I had not heard him say that.   I heard his picks for his Covid task force say it. So perhaps Biden should tell him to shut up about it.

Dr. Michael Osterholm, a coronavirus advisor to President-elect Joe Biden, said a nationwide lockdown would help bring the virus under control in the U.S.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/11/biden-covid-advisor-says-us-lockdown-of-4-to-6-weeks-could-control-pandemic-and-revive-economy.html

This post was edited by my2cents at November 20, 2020 6:06 AM MST
      November 20, 2020 6:01 AM MST

We had one fairly lengthy lock-down in the Spring in the UK, and that was preceded by some panic-buying that brought about shortages and rationing by shops, but as the lock-down eased so did the supply situation.

We are now in a second, scheduled to last 4 weeks (basically all of November) but with no guarantee it will end. This has not brought about any significant panic-buying though, and no shortages. It seems from what  major retailers have said, that this time most people have been far more sensible and social; but many have been gently stock-piling by buying just a little extra each time. The shops noticed this by slightly brisker trade than usual.

As it happens I have something of a stock of certain items, soap and cleaning products mainly, started years ago not in anticipation of any pandemic* but against possible terms of personal incapacity anyway.   

+++

* Tautology of The Year: "Global pandemic."
      November 19, 2020 3:02 PM MST

I had to look up "tautology" Durdle. I've heard the word but never bothered to find out what it meant. REPETITION. So you're tired of global pandemic. Would world-wide be better?Pandemic can mean for a country a continent or the world. Isn't saying "global"  more precise about this pandemic? Anyway thanks for using the word. I don't know if I can find a way to use but I'm gonna try. When or if you see it you will know you were the source.  In america when we suffer gun-related massacres gun sales go way up. The gun people are terrified guns will be confiscated so they go out and buy more. I don't know if overbuying other products relates to that at all but in america the normal response is to go out and buy tons so you will never run out. It's all about me me me me me me me and screw you. SIGH. It didn't used to be this bad but well you know rot begins at the top and the rotten "head" duck inspires people to be all that they can be. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      November 20, 2020 1:24 AM MST

COVID does not affect the a$$hole. If you buy more tp than you need, you ARE the a$$hole.

I got the usual plus one pack - we have 3 guests who can't go home, South Australia has gone into lockdown (it only takes one idiot and this one had 3 jobs - she went EVERYWHERE after failing to observe proper PPE routine, so there have been multiple cases across Adelaide).
      November 19, 2020 3:12 PM MST

No-one said anything to her? They've had a lot of trouble here with people like her, congregating in sizeable groups, particularly in the cluster of cities in the North of England so resulting in regional restrictions additional to the overall ones.

Overlooking the crudities, the stock-levels in the shops round here suggest no-one is over-buying anything, at least not significantly. Even the shortages back in March and April did not last ever so long, and there was no real shortage of food or anything else, just shortages of particular items. Including toilet-rolls! Apparently that was the one thing no-one could bear to think of running out of, so the sillier ones went out and helped others to run out, but the shops soon imposed rations on everything. 

Have they said how long your lock-down is to last or is it indefinite with reviews at intervals?  
      November 19, 2020 3:33 PM MST

It was initially going to be six days and then reviewed (the Essential Services Act in South Australia doesn't allow for more than seven days without State parliament recovering to change the Act), but the government has relented and the most severe restrictions are to be lifted tomorrow. Apparently one of the traced contacts lied about his recent whereabouts. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at November 20, 2020 1:35 AM MST
      November 20, 2020 1:09 AM MST

:):):)
      November 20, 2020 1:35 AM MST

:):):)
      November 20, 2020 1:34 AM MST

I take advantage of sales R for whatever foods/products we use normally. That's for whatever we normally use. There is just the two of us. It's not like we have kids around or others. The last two weeks when we've gone to the market I saw BARE SHELVES. I hadn't seen that in months. So here we go again. I expect this time around it will last longer. I always buy what we need plus a backup in some cases. But hoarding? There have been a few TV shows about hoarders and it is a mental illness. Some of the homes you could not even walk through. Just like kleptomania. They can't help it. But the sporadic hoarding that occurs in response to something like this pandemic just shows the basic selfish nature of many Americans. Sad to say. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :) STAY SAFE. Isn't Adelaide locked down now? Oh I just read your reply to Durdle. Condolences for the lockdown. BUMMER, This post was edited by RosieG at November 20, 2020 1:34 AM MST
      November 20, 2020 1:30 AM MST