Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What fillings and toppings for your taco?!

What fillings and toppings for your taco?!

Bring your ideas for taco fillings and toppings... Add any fun taco story as well, if you have one...

Posted - October 16, 2016

Responses

I haven't managed eating one without being all messy myself. Lol.

October 16, 2016 2:36 AM MDT

;-)
      October 16, 2016 4:39 AM MDT

Lolz.
      October 16, 2016 4:39 AM MDT

• This gif is amazing. 
      October 16, 2016 7:45 AM MDT

This question sounds a little fishy. I like anything on the tacos I eat.
      October 16, 2016 3:54 AM MDT

I see, anything. Fishy? I had a similar question about pizza the other day, huh?
      October 16, 2016 4:40 AM MDT

• I like them basic; ground beef (we love Ortega taco seasoning), a little hot sauce, pico (hopefully homemade from the garden), onion, cheese, lettuce, avocado (must have avocado), a dollop of sour cream. First bite, everything falls on the plate (like the gif) or on the shirt.

My old place of employment, we used to go to lunch at a place that had awesome tacos, but really greasy. You had to keep the plate tilted so the grease ran to one side. They were soft shell (flour tortilla). The name of the game was to enjoy the tacos without getting grease on the blouse, or on the tie for the guys. No matter what we did, we always failed. I'd sit there at the end thinking I was safe, then invariably find a spot. Same for the others. Then back at work everyone knew we went there for lunch. We knew going there for lunch meant sacrificing some clothing.

Can you please get this spot out for me m'dear?
      October 16, 2016 7:27 AM MDT

Spoons out, when do we eat..? Mmmm.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 16, 2016 8:57 AM MDT
      October 16, 2016 7:45 AM MDT

• Beef or chicken:  Salsa or jalapenos, diced onion, cilantro, shredded lettuce and cheese (and some crushed up corn chips if it's a soft taco)
    Fish: Salsa or jalapenos, diced onion, cilantro, shredded cabbage, squeeze of lemon
      October 16, 2016 7:47 AM MDT

Delicious. Have you succeeded eating them without getting all greased up?
      October 16, 2016 7:54 AM MDT

• Ground beef is usually the greasy one.  My favorite is fish, especially thresher shark.  Grill the meat and heat the corn tortilla on the grill or stove burner and the taco is pretty dry (in the greasy sense).

October 16, 2016 8:03 AM MDT

Mmhmm. To be honest with you, I don't mind the grease as long as it tastes GR-R-REAT! 
      October 16, 2016 8:58 AM MDT

Hmm, I think the best tacos are made by real Mexican taco places.  My favorite ones were the Barbacoa and the Chorizo tacos.  

One time my husband took me to a 24 hour Mexican taco restaurant in Denver.  It was around midnight and it was still crowded and if my hubby is willing to go into a crowded place it must be good because he absolutely hates crowds and usually if he sees a line out the door he'll go somewhere else.

Anyway, hubby speaks Spanish so he ordered because most of the people that worked there had a hard time with English.  Since it was crowded there weren't any tables left so a Mexican family asked if they could sit with us and they did so my husband carried on a conversation in Spanish with them while we ate.  That was the most friendly place I ever ate at.

My husband lived in the Mexican part of Denver for a few years and he said that part of town that had the most friendly people.  He thinks immigrant neighborhoods in cities have the friendliest people while people in suburbs are kind of standoffish.
      October 16, 2016 8:45 AM MDT

Aww. Thank for sharing a great story about tacos, and about friendly neighborhoods. I've lived in parts of the cities where there was a higher presence of minorities. The shops were so inspiring, and the people inside them were always so friendly. I loved living there.
      October 16, 2016 9:01 AM MDT