Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you familiar with the movie "SUNSET BOULEVARD"? The duck has been compared to Norma Desmond, the central character. Why?

Are you familiar with the movie "SUNSET BOULEVARD"? The duck has been compared to Norma Desmond, the central character. Why?

She has faded from view and is surrounded by sycophants and enablers whom she pays to tell her what she wants to hear. She expects a return to her former glory and when she realizes it will never happen she becomes enraged and strikes out.

At the end she leaves her mansion on the promise of stardom. As the fade to black occurs she approaches the camera delusional and posing as she speaks."I'm ready for my closeup Mr. DeMille".

Not an exact analogy. Close enough.

Posted - November 24, 2020

Responses

I get your point but I refuse to put him anywhere near such a great movie. Ha! 

;)

November 24, 2020 7:04 AM MST

Fair enough sweetie! Fair enough! Thank you for your reply WQ and Happy Tuesday to your family and you. All well I hope healthwise? :) STAY SAFE!
      November 24, 2020 7:11 AM MST

:)
    :)
    To me, yes, there is a similarity to parts of "Sunset Boulevard." Boy, that movie blew me away. It lived up to everything I had ever heard about it before seeing it. 

Yes, I'm doing well. My best to you, too. :)
      November 24, 2020 7:17 AM MST

It is one of the most memorable movies I ever saw. Sadly so of course. It is not a happy movie by any means.  I'm glad you're well. Us too. We plan to keep it that way! Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      November 24, 2020 7:24 AM MST