Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Looking back at any or all of the break-ups you've had, are you ready to be honest in answering a question about your own culpability?

Looking back at any or all of the break-ups you've had, are you ready to be honest in answering a question about your own culpability?

This question is ONLY about breakups rhat you initiated as opposed to incidents wherein the other person broke up with you. 

Focusing on that person's faults which you couldn't stand, or couldn't stand any longer, how many of those faults did you immediately recognize from the time you first met the person yet decided to overlook them?  
Without naming the person, please name the faults. 

In my case, I knew that she had a track record of coming up with lame excuses as to what was wrong with the relationship and then dumping a guy, but I convinced myself that none of the previous guys were like me, and that I was so wonderful that it wouldn't happen. Until it did. 

~

Posted - October 16, 2016

Responses

I am guilty of all of my break-ups. But of course I am Jewish and am guilty of everything. ( got it MOD?)
      October 16, 2016 6:00 PM MDT

• LOL!
    As Woody Allen put it, "If we feel guilty even if we're innocent, maybe God will forgive us."
    Black humour, and somehow it works every time.
      October 16, 2016 11:09 PM MDT

I think I have always known that no one is good enough for me.
      October 17, 2016 5:57 AM MDT

Please don't be so down on yourself; you and I still have a chance. 

~
      October 22, 2016 8:27 AM MDT

This is a TERRIFIC answer, thanks, Buddy!
    ~ This post was edited by Randy D at October 22, 2016 3:12 PM MDT
      October 22, 2016 8:29 AM MDT

It takes two to tango. You have to know when the dance is over. 
      October 22, 2016 8:31 AM MDT

Huh?  What does that mean?  There's hardly ever a truly "mutual" breakup; one person initiates it and the other person may acquiesce to it, accept it, agree to it, etc., but the impetus for the breakup is usually one-sided. 
    The time to tango is what defines the relationship itself, not the disolution of it.
      October 22, 2016 4:35 PM MDT

I've always been the dumpee, so I cannot comment on this question...;-D...

October 22, 2016 3:25 PM MDT

(girls')

October 22, 2016 4:36 PM MDT

I didn't make the meme, I just used it...;-D...
      October 22, 2016 7:43 PM MDT

I know. 
    _
      October 22, 2016 7:49 PM MDT

• I am the one who ends relationships, I am learning this is my fault because I'm damaged.  I would see drama that probably wasn't even there.  I imagined scenarios of unfaithfulness and abandonment so I would up and run for the hills first.  I would be so annoyed at the stupidest things and use them as many reasons to end things.  I was so scared to be loved so I would sabotage almost every relationship.  

Having said that, I am in a really great relationship now, I am paying attention to the things that I do and am not doing them...as much.  I actually don't find anything he does annoying and I let him touch me and cuddle me a lot (that's a first for me).  I can say that I now really understand what true love is and will not let this one go.  :-)
      November 8, 2016 9:24 PM MST