Active Now

Zack
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The American Way of Life morphed into The American Way of Death via GOP politics. Is that the way you like it? Uh-huh? Uh-huh?

The American Way of Life morphed into The American Way of Death via GOP politics. Is that the way you like it? Uh-huh? Uh-huh?

Posted - December 5, 2020

Responses

John Adams worried that “a division of the republic into two great parties … is to be dreaded as the great political evil.” And that’s exactly what has come to pass.

George Washington’s farewell address is often remembered for its warning against hyper-partisanship: “The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism.” 

America has now become that dreaded divided republic. The existential menace is as foretold, and it is breaking the system of government the Founders put in place with the Constitution. Singling out one political party to blame for everything is a cop-out. The blame for the mess we are in today falls on the back of "both" political parties.
      December 5, 2020 9:12 PM MST

Blame the "me generation". Thanks, Boomers.
      December 5, 2020 11:37 PM MST

When were the boomers born R? How old are they mostly? 40 50 60? What kind of head do boomers come equipped with? That is to say are  they brainless and have to be filled up by conspiracy theorists propagandists and herd mentality immunity brain picture takers? Nothing there but air? SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      December 6, 2020 1:48 AM MST

"Post-war baby boom". 1946-64. The boys came back from the war acutely aware of their own mortality.  Biological imperative to prevent the extinction of their genes, so there was a population explosion in the aftermath of World War II.
      December 6, 2020 5:08 AM MST

Thank you for the info R. I appreciate it. I've heard of "baby boomers" for years but didn't really know precisely what it meant. Now I do. :)
      December 6, 2020 7:19 AM MST