Active Now

Zack
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do YOU support and approve of Capital Punishment? DAT BAD OLD DUCK DO. So go dat bad old duck so go you?

Do YOU support and approve of Capital Punishment? DAT BAD OLD DUCK DO. So go dat bad old duck so go you?

Posted - December 7, 2020

Responses

I do.  And it has nothing to do with that insane dork. 

If they'd get rid of people who intentionally kill others, perhaps it'd be a deterrent for others who are thinking about doing the same.  If they have no regard for human life, then why should we have any for theirs?
      December 7, 2020 11:54 AM MST

What about those who were innocent and framed? Any thought for them? We know it happens because I read that over 100 people were set free because they were found to be INNOCENT. How many were executed that were innocent? Is it worth killing them to kill the guilty? I ask because I honestly don't know. I still don't know. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 8, 2020 9:12 AM MST
      December 8, 2020 7:03 AM MST

Yes, I do. I got no remorse for murderers.     
      December 7, 2020 1:11 PM MST

Nor do I Zack but I wonder how many innocent people were put to death through trumped up charges? I believe somewhere over 100 were proven innocent before they were set to be executed. You and I know that people are set up/framed and it is always those who are not wealthy not famous and not white. If you get my drift. So is it worth the death of one innocent person to execute all of them? I dunno. I haven't had a loved one murdered or put to death so it's all conjecture on my part. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine. :)
      December 8, 2020 7:00 AM MST

Yes. For murder. 
    Not things like manslaughter.
      December 7, 2020 1:13 PM MST

How about those who were FRAMED and innocent? We assume all are guilty but we KNOW some aren't based on the number of people who are found innocent and released before they are killed. I ask because I am uncertain about this issue m2c. If I COULD BE CERTAIN of guilt that would change the ballgame completely. BUT I CAN NOT EVER BE CERTAIN because we have crooked lawyers crooked judges and crooked cops. SIGH. Thank you for our reply. I will never know so I can't know can I?
      December 8, 2020 7:06 AM MST

I favor it for murders when there is 0 question as to this person is the perp.  I would require DNA evidence for any death penalty case. 

Someone walks into McDonalds and starts shooting...death penalty. 
    A stupid mistake, an accident...no. 
      December 8, 2020 7:16 AM MST

Not as a general rule, but there are some crimes committed that are so grievous that the only true justice is to take that person's life away.  However, unlike our esteemed president, I'm not sure a firing squad is the way to go.  
      December 7, 2020 6:06 PM MST

Duck already approved of 7 executions that have taken place on his watch and has planned for 3 more. More executions on his watch than ever before I think. So we shall see what this montrous abomination actually comes up with to stand out every more so. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      December 8, 2020 5:53 AM MST

Well, these people were already convicted and sentenced, so I'm not sure why he would have had to approve them.  
      December 8, 2020 8:04 AM MST

I don't know how it works. What is reported is that there are more executions on trump's watch than there has been for decades. For what it's worth. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Sunday! :)
      December 13, 2020 1:45 AM MST

It's usually the governor of the state who can stop the execution so I don't know why Trump is sticking his nose in now.
      December 13, 2020 7:04 AM MST

I asked a question including a lot of info about who gets to commute sentences. The prez does for federal executions and some courts and the supremes. Researching was interesting. Our past and our present are  miserably spotty. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      December 13, 2020 7:48 AM MST

Thanks.
      December 13, 2020 9:48 AM MST

:):):)
      December 14, 2020 2:32 AM MST

I have a problem with purposely killing people to show other people that killing people is wrong. 
      December 8, 2020 7:23 AM MST

Yeah. Now you are being LOGICAL WQ. What am I going to do with you m'dear? Just like those family planning clinic doctors the crazies murdered so they would not be alive to do abortions? But I guess we do that in wars too don't we? We kill so "they" won't kill? And so it goes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to you and yours. STAY SAFE.
      December 8, 2020 7:32 AM MST

Yes. It's like hitting children to punish them for hitting/hurting another. Perpetuates violence, does nothing to help the family of the victims, unless their hearts are filled with vengeance in that moment of their lives. Then it pretty much destroys their opportunity to experience forgiveness, if they'd lobbied for the perpetrator to be executed.  Ironic that many who support the death penalty profess to be followers of Christ, who preached about forgiveness and grace, and leaving judgement to his dad.  

December 13, 2020 9:31 AM MST

I'm a Christian and I agree with you on all counts. Some Christians are vehemently anti-abortion yet vehemently pro-capital punishment. 
      December 13, 2020 6:50 PM MST

I am not Christian, as you know, but I believe it is incongruous to be pro-capital punishment and anti-abortion rights, or pro-abortion and anti-capital punishment. As far as I am concerned, both involve people playing god.
      December 13, 2020 6:57 PM MST

It's been rough days a bit lately for me and I woke up in the middle of the night here -- all the anti's and pro's here, my brain is not setting on them but I get your point. And I'm pretty sure I know I fit somewhere in that incongruent range. And I'll admit it.  And not just on these topics.
    And I'm unsurprised about my incongruent self. I admit I'm incongruent in many areas of my life and, I admit to being a hypocrite, in one way or another, too, in life and its limitless areas.
      December 13, 2020 11:37 PM MST