Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » SEDITION? Someone is accusing the "pro overturn the 2020 eection" folks of that! Do you agree?

SEDITION? Someone is accusing the "pro overturn the 2020 eection" folks of that! Do you agree?

SEDITION

Incitement of discontent or rebellion against a government.
Any action in speech or writing promoting such discontent, rebellion.
Synonyms are insurrection and mutiny.

Wait a minute. The pro overturn the election folks are pro the existing government not against it.
They want everything the way it was because with trump they were so very happy and everything they ever wanted or needed they got. Happy as clams at high tide or pigs in clover. What they are protesting is CHANGING that government not overthrowing it!

So I'm confused. How can what the pro overturn the election results folks possibly be seditionists when what they are protesting is a CHANGE?

Anyone figger it out?

Posted - December 11, 2020

Responses

We are overturning the fraud. 
      December 11, 2020 6:24 AM MST

You have to prove fraud before you can overturn it.  So far, the lawsuits haven't proven anything.
      December 11, 2020 9:15 AM MST

So far no judge has bothered to examine the evidence. 
      December 11, 2020 11:44 AM MST

Really?  You think all those judges, including the SCOTUS which leans very heavily right and which has several Trump appointed justices, have formed a cabal to wrest the election from Trump?  
      December 11, 2020 1:47 PM MST

I believe the judges are did not have the courage to examine the evidence and rule in support.  They do not get protection from the violent rioters, just regular police like the rest of of us.  We seen what happened to this summer all the cities burning, businesses stolen from, violence to regular people. If would take a very brave judge to withstand such violence knowing the case will just be appealed to the SCOTUS anyway. 

Now the justices should not have this fear.  They each have Secret Service protection and US Marshall protection.  Hopefully, they will have the courage to examine the evidence and rule accordingly.
      December 11, 2020 2:56 PM MST

George Conway, in his Washington Post Op-Ed, said it much better than I could:

"Trump and his litigation boosters have lost every which way, and everywhere. In state courts and federal courts. In trial courts and appellate courts, intermediate and supreme. Before Democratic judges and Republican ones. In Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and Nevada - every state that could possibly matter. On substantive grounds and procedural ones, on the facts, and on the law," Conway wrote. 

"It's hard to imagine that any alliance of litigants and lawyers has ever lost more cases for more reasons - and in less time - than this sorry bunch has," he added. "Their problem is they have nothing to sue about, and never did."

December 11, 2020 3:01 PM MST

Giving me Conway is like me giving you Hannity. 
      December 11, 2020 3:43 PM MST

The difference is that Conway is an intelligent human being with logical thoughts, not a sycophant for a moron of a president.
      December 11, 2020 9:28 PM MST

:):):)
      December 11, 2020 11:54 AM MST

I think I know what the spin is.

Some in the media are taking what Rush said out of context and claim he was calling for civil war. 

Rush actually sounded worried about the country and was trying to tone down some of the rhetoric. 
      December 11, 2020 7:46 AM MST

he's trying for a coup.  Declaring the election invalid and telling his loyal followers to go out and fight for him... that's kind of the definition of a coup.  

Screw what the people want (democracy).  It's all about him keeping power.
      December 11, 2020 11:28 AM MST

Over 100 house republicans have signed on. 17 states joined texas to this end. It is gobstomping amazing to me. Before trump was the "head" nothing like this has ever happened before. Thanks to him we have entered the TWILIGHT ZONE. There were very few happy endings in that series. I believe this will join the ranks of the bizarre peculiar queer absurd. Sigh. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      December 11, 2020 11:57 AM MST

Well we might get a break from Trump going on rants about voter fraud this weekend because yesturday Biden and Harris were named Time magazines persons of the year. So I'm sure  Trump will have something nasty to say about that. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 11, 2020 11:46 AM MST

From your lips m'dear!  Make it so! Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      December 11, 2020 11:54 AM MST