Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Theodore Roosevelt said that patriotism is to stand with the nation, not with the president. Does that mean Trump supporters are traitors?

Theodore Roosevelt said that patriotism is to stand with the nation, not with the president. Does that mean Trump supporters are traitors?

Posted - December 15, 2020

Responses

Depends if the people are only standing with Trump or if they are standing for election integrity.  

I want election integrity.  I want to know the computers did not cheat.  I want to know the votes counted were only legal votes.  I want the people who violated the laws to be punished so it does not happen again.    

That is standing for the values of this country.  Without knowing our elections are secure...we have nothing. 

December 15, 2020 10:51 AM MST

But what if Biden supporters also stand for election integrity? How can anyone seriously believe that Trump could not have lost in a fair election?
      December 15, 2020 11:10 AM MST

I would hope that all Biden supporters do stand for election integrity.  But so far, I just see dismissal without investigation. Refusal to even admit anything happened. 

We seen things happen that should never happen in our election regardless of the winner or loser. 

If my state (which did go for Trump), did not follow our laws...I would be saying we need to fix it and punish the people who refused to follow the laws.  It is about our election integrity not the result.  I do however, believe the result was alters because of the fraud.  
      December 15, 2020 12:33 PM MST

If there is credible evidence, why have something like 80 judges either dismissed or declined to hear the cases? You still haven't explained that.
      December 15, 2020 12:57 PM MST

In my opinion, lack of courage.  Some maybe drawing down the clock.  Others know it will end up in SCOTUS anyway so by deal with rioters in their town, in front of their homes.   

They find a different reason to rule to just dismiss without examining.  Lack of standing,  waited to late to file (even after being told they had to wait until after the election), not enough to change result.  Again NO one has ruled on merits as of yet. 

I do not care if it would change the result.  I want it fixed. 

How can they claim it would not effect the result if they do not examine it?
      December 15, 2020 1:06 PM MST

In the unlikely event you haven't heard this before, it is quite useless to keep beating a dead horse.
      December 15, 2020 3:04 PM MST

Beat it until the owner wakes up. 
      December 16, 2020 11:39 AM MST

It's your time to waste.
      December 17, 2020 2:57 PM MST

Agree. Good response. :)
      December 16, 2020 11:01 AM MST

That's not all he said:

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.

Theodore Roosevelt
      December 15, 2020 5:08 PM MST