Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you can describe yourself in ten words exactly will you please share with us whom you are? Need 11 words?

If you can describe yourself in ten words exactly will you please share with us whom you are? Need 11 words?

Me

Yearn to learn
Curious about everything
Logical
Value truth
Grateful

I need an 11th.

Impatient

Posted - December 18, 2020

Responses

Is he a Scorpio perchance? Preferring to be home seems to be a common thread among us. At least so far as I've encountered. I think your stepmom is well advised to be worried. At least for the next couple of months. If we can believe what is being said. If we can make it through to say February things should be getting better. I don't know how many millions will have gotten the vaccine by then but whatever that number it will be many more than have gotten it now. That should help appreciably. Here's to next Spring when we can all have a wingding "fling" (I'm not sure what means but it rhymes!). The good Lord willing and the crick don't rise! Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      December 20, 2020 7:13 AM MST

Hard-working
    Creative
    Honest
    Sense of humor
    Dependable
    Punctual
    Truthful
    Sarcastic
    Sensible
    Kind
      December 18, 2020 12:23 PM MST

You know the one word that stuck out to me? "Sarcastic". I have not experienced that part of you m'dear. Why do you think you are sarcastic? What or who would call that forth in you? Bring that out in you? Anyway thank you for your nifty reply Echooos and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! All good so far? STAY SAFE! :)
      December 19, 2020 3:21 AM MST

Happy Sunday Rosie, The sarcasm's there I just don't let it out very often. :) This post was edited by Echooos at December 21, 2020 3:59 AM MST
      December 20, 2020 3:14 PM MST

What triggers it Echooos? Anything specifically that ticks you off bigly? Inquiring minds would like to know! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to you and yours m'dear! :)
      December 21, 2020 4:00 AM MST

First and foremost rude people! The kind of people that will make fun of the underdogs in life , the ones that think they're so clever they have no problem mocking you. That's what brings out the sarcasm in me. Happy Monday my friend. :)
      December 21, 2020 5:35 AM MST

I have a few triggers. Basic one? LIARS. Next? Those who are supercilious cruel and indifferent. Also I'm not fond of those who treasure their ignorance or stupidity. Not at all.  So I don't truck with them once I identify them. What's the point? Why make myself miserable? I don't! But I'm really not sure if it's sarcasm I bring to those things. Maybe sometimes but that seems relatively benign and when I swing there is nothing benign about it! Thank you for your reply Echooos. Oh those who are always "correcting" others. A misspelled word sets them off. People are here to exchange ideas not be corrected for irrelevant things. For many English is not the first language. I think those correcting folks are pathetic. All they have going for them is to assert this "brilliance" or whatever the heck they think it is. They are showoffs who have nothing to show off in my opinion.  Not my cuppa tea! Thank you for your informative reply. It helps to get to know you better which I appreciate very bigly! :) :):) This post was edited by RosieG at December 21, 2020 5:44 AM MST
      December 21, 2020 5:43 AM MST

Agree with you 100% about the show offs, not my cup of tea either. :)
      December 21, 2020 6:20 AM MST

I think the more we chat the more we may find we are always in the same book if not the same chapter or page. I think making fun of others is off limits. Well the exception is of course bozo trump. I save all my ammunition for him and his adoring supporters and toady sycophants. Setting that aside when you mock or ridicule people it is because you need desperately to be thought of as "knowledgeable" and "superior" when in fact it does the exact opposite. It makes them so much smaller and pathetically inadequate. In my opinion. They reply to someone with an attack. They think they are just trying to be "helpful". They do it by embarrassing humiliating and being condescending. Gosh. Enough of that. Thank you for your reply Echooos! :)
      December 21, 2020 6:31 AM MST

The plain and practical girl you weren't interested in knowing. 
      December 18, 2020 1:40 PM MST

Curious
    Friendly
    Nature-loving
    Adventurous
    Generous
    Anxious
    Clever
    Opinionated
    Protective
    Loyal

Happy Saturday, Rosie! 

December 19, 2020 8:14 AM MST

Hi honey! Long time no see. How be thee and thine? Thank you for your reply SA and Happy Monday to you and yours! :) ((hugs))
      December 21, 2020 3:36 AM MST

Lost one of my people recently :( Everyone still here is hanging in there! Hope you and yours are well!
      December 21, 2020 5:05 PM MST

Condolences for your loss SA. I'm so sorry. We're doing fine so far. We're in the high risk group being so old. California is locked down and this new strain of virus that spreads 70% faster is probably already here from the U.K. SIGH. Smiling through, right? Jim's best friend's daughter has it and her kids and husband are being tested. He hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving. She is quite obese which is not at all good. So far as we know that's the closest it has come to us. Fingers crossed we will be here next year as well you and yours. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      December 22, 2020 1:24 AM MST

Thanks, Rosie. 

It's hard to know what to do through this. So many people are dying from non-COVID related illnesses after having spent many months staying apart from loved ones trying to protect their lives! It's a no-win situation, really. I guess I think that if we could all have compromised a bit, restrained ourselves, not made this yet another partisan issue, we'd all be so much better off. 

Here's to a brighter 2021 for us all! 
      December 22, 2020 3:32 PM MST

It doesn't look so good for "brighter" m'dear. So far the number of travelers seems to be eclipsing in number the hordes who traveled at Thanksgiving and we are now suffering through that as more and more people contract it and die. California is in dire straits along with many other states. People are living their lives with abandon and I cannot fathom why they refuse to comply with the advice/guidance of scientific professionals. They are not good for the long haul apparently. They also must think "bring it on. whatever happens happens." So those of us who have been doing our very best to do the right thing can't do it alone on our own by ourselves. Without the cooperation of everyone it simply is going to keep getting worse. We sit by and watch and wonder what happened to so many people? When did life become a nuisance? Thank you for your reply SA and Happy Wednesday to you and yours m'dear! :)
      December 23, 2020 2:22 AM MST

I believe that effective 1-20-21, we'll at least be back on a brighter path in many regards! 

December 23, 2020 4:12 PM MST

((hugs)) I sure hope so honey. But I bigly fear from now until then. Perhaps it is just being foolish. I do think the bozohead supporters who are weaponized and believe what he says are planning something very big and bad for January 6. They say it's just a rally. Right. Sure. You bet! I hope it's my imagination in overdrive. Sigh. Thank you for your reply SA and Happy Christmas Eve day Thursday 2020! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 24, 2020 1:58 AM MST
      December 24, 2020 1:57 AM MST