Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Do you think you will be getting a lump of coal from Santa this year?

Do you think you will be getting a lump of coal from Santa this year?

I think I will and maybe my son will too because of the Christmas lie we concocted up a couple of days ago. Our son and  his wife brought our Grandkids over so we could watch them sit in the back of their SUV and open the Christmas presents we got them. Because of coronaviris restrictions that could of got us a $2000 fine so we concocted up a lie to get our story straight. Droping off food supplies is permitted so if the police showed up  my son was going to tell them he was dropping off milk and  potatoes. And just in case they seperated us and asked questions to see if our stories matched we were going to tell them the potatoes were Yukon gold and it was a 4 liter jug  of Homo milk (we call homogenized  milk Homo milk in Canada).  Cheers and  happy holidays!

Posted - December 23, 2020

Responses

Haha I think it’s genius, no coal for you. 

Our fine in Ontario is $10,000 for hosting people and $750 for attending. I really thought it was just a scare tactic threat, but I know someone who was fined $10,000 recently for a party. Christmas dinners could be extremely expensive this year for those that are planning to risk it. 

December 23, 2020 5:18 PM MST

Wow! I had no idea things were so strict up there! At least weed is legal. You'll be fine. 
      December 23, 2020 5:37 PM MST

It’s just started getting stricter with the in home gatherings again because cases have been going up recently.
    As of the 26th December we are in a complete lockdown - all non essential business are shutting down again for a minimum 28 days and we are only allowed to be social with people living in our households. Before that we were allowed up to ten people.  

I’m actually looking forward to this lockdown  lol. Staying in for the month of January doesn’t sound so bad and I have a friend/ quarantine partner who will be staying with me through it, so I won’t get so bored this time. The one in the spring and early summer sucked. 

December 23, 2020 5:56 PM MST

I suspect there may be attempts to tighten things up a bit here, but there are no fines to speak of, at least not for private citizens. 

It's really a sh tty situation. I wish people weren't so divided here. It makes it so much worse. 
      December 23, 2020 6:29 PM MST

I honestly think the fines are really the only thing that work. People, especially the younger ones in their twenties are sick of being shut in and aren’t afraid of getting the virus. Losing 10,000 dollars though is scary at any age lol. 
      December 23, 2020 6:48 PM MST

Well we are in our 60s and resent any government attempts to mess with our private lives and will continue to act just the way we have all our lives before any power-hungry politician decided that bankrupting people and shutting down businesses and going for control , fear-mongering, and poverty will somehow make people more resistant to disease.  To associate with others is natural, too contract diseases from one another is equally natural.  Why now all of a sudden have politicians decided something must be wrong if people die of a disease?  What REALLY behind such a notion?  
      December 23, 2020 9:29 PM MST

Nah, I think Santa would appreciate your precautions. 

I really don't think those stringent restrictions would fly in the US. Sure, more of us will continue to die of COVID, but we'll die 'free'.  SHAKING MY HEAD!
      December 23, 2020 5:41 PM MST

Do you burn coal?
      December 23, 2020 9:21 PM MST

No but I figure if I eat lots of Christmas treats and gain weight I could sit on the lump of coal and make a dimond for my wifes Christmas present next year. Cheers and happy holidays!
      December 23, 2020 9:31 PM MST