Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » House to vote on a STAND ALONE bill for direct payments to Americans of $2,000. Have you contacted your Representive? Senators, McConell?

House to vote on a STAND ALONE bill for direct payments to Americans of $2,000. Have you contacted your Representive? Senators, McConell?

Let them know where you stand. 

Posted - December 27, 2020

Responses

McConnell is not my senator. Kirsten Gillibrand and Chuck Schumer are my senators. I trust them to do the right thing.
      December 27, 2020 4:42 PM MST

True. But McConnell decides what gets a vote. So if you support the bill. He needs to know. If not then perhaps not. 
      December 27, 2020 4:51 PM MST

Pelosi will play politics until she is dead.  Trump wanted a stand alone bill but Pelosi wasn't about to oblige and let him get credit.  Then Trump said no to the big corrupt anti-American lobbyist-written omnibus spending bill and asked that the outrageous foreign aid and pork be removed as well as increase Americans' payments.  Pelosi will never do such a thing....this is from where her wealth and power come.  She is a huge ass piece of work.  She makes armed bank robbery look like a misdemeanor.  I find it hard to believe that no one has ever slapped the crap out of her.

December 27, 2020 5:29 PM MST

I am hoping she is challenged for Speaker this year. She is in a weaker position with House being almost even. She is a snake.
      December 27, 2020 6:23 PM MST

A snake she is indeed.

And now Trump signed that bill.  Shame on him.  This post was edited by Thriftymaid at December 29, 2020 8:07 AM MST
      December 29, 2020 12:36 AM MST

He should have pocket vetoed.  
      December 29, 2020 8:08 AM MST

Well they are all liberals and I have been voting against them for years so they are not going to listen to me.  They go their own way and I do my best to go mine. 
      December 27, 2020 8:13 PM MST

Maybe but when you contact...they have no way of know if you voted for or against them unless you tell them in your message/call. 
    They do pay attention when constituents message them. 
      December 27, 2020 8:16 PM MST

... but are the Chinese willing to loan us the money?
    I mean, our government has been bad mouthing them for 4 years.
    Now, to pay for all these relief payments, it has to either raise taxes or go ask for more loans from the Chinese.
    Would YOU loan money to someone who has been bad mouthing you?  I wouldn't.
      December 28, 2020 1:43 PM MST

The Chinese do not "loan" us the money. They buy our bonds.  It is not a loan any more than buying stock in a company is a loan. 
      December 28, 2020 3:23 PM MST

Bonds are another type of loan ... as opposed to stocks.
    And why do they (or any other government) buy our bonds?  Because we ask them to.

It's just a delaying tactic on their part, anyway.
    They are putting off our panic as we collapse, until they have firm holds on much of the rest of the world.
    Evidenced by their "investments" in the infrastructure of developing nations around the world - which they are about the only ones doing.
    Some nations in Africa are actually teaching Chinese in their schools, thanks to the influx of Chinese workers, money, and material.
      December 29, 2020 11:36 AM MST