Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you know all you need to know about the Pfizer vaccine?

Do you know all you need to know about the Pfizer vaccine?

A California nurse tested positive for the COVID 19 virus over a week after receiving the COVID 19 vaccine.

Allegedly it takes 10-14 days for the body to BEGIN to develop protection against ir. It doesn't happen immediately. The first shot provides about 50% AFTER that period of building up protection. The second shot brings that level up to 95% but I do not know if that takes ANOTHER 10-14 days.

So be warned.

Posted - December 30, 2020

Responses

Many people think the vaccine is an "instant cure".  Get a shot and drop your mask in the trash on the way out; all is back to normal.  As scientists have been stressing all along - it doesn't work that way!  Welcome to our "now" society.  

People don't like to wait, they want instant satisfaction.  Technology has only served to exacerbated that.  One used to have to wait in line at a bank to cash their paycheck.  Now we have direct deposit.  One used to have to go to a store (when they were open), park the car, walk around in the store to find things, then stand in line to checkout.  Now we have online shopping and same day delivery (Amazon makes billions off its Prime delivery service). Need to know something?  Just whip out your phone and ask Siri.  Dial around to find a decent song on the radio?  Nah, simply have Alexa find the exact song on Pandora (or other music services).

So why shouldn't people expect a vaccine to instantly work as well?  Yeah, yeah, the doctors mumbled something about 2 doses, but once that first injection goes in, all that "talk" fades away.  Suddenly we feel like we're surrounded by a impenetrable armor.  Like a bullet to Superman, covid will just bounce harmlessly off (take that, you life wrecker!).  How about that yearly flu vaccine we get?  The moment that Band-aid goes on we're impervious to the flu... right?  No, it doesn't quite work that way.  In reality, it can take up to a month for the vaccine to get fully "functioning" (and even then its only 60%-70% effective).  

NO vaccine will be "instant"; no matter how many doses it requires.  Whether we like it or not, it WILL take time.  Patience isn't something people have much of any more.  However, we'd better acquire some ... and one cant download a patience app.

December 30, 2020 11:51 AM MST

Yah but what if you could? Download a PATIENCE app? What if you could? I sure could use one being as how I'm notoriously impatient. Brilliant idea that you just threw out there on your way out the door. What would it take to develop PATIENCE Shuhak? Any idea? I've been trying for almost my entire adult life and I failed. Is there a no-fail program I could watch or an injection I could get? Everything is instant want. But everything is not comparable to everything else. Info you can easily get instantly on the internet if you go to the right source. But if you are fat you do not get slim fast. If you are ignorant you not become knowledgeable quickly. Once gone what hope is there to become patient again if we ever were? Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Wish it were easy peasy! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 2, 2021 12:10 PM MST
      January 2, 2021 11:43 AM MST

I can guarantee that if there was an app, it wouldn't load fast enough.
    People have asked how to develop patience for thousands of years.  Problem is that after a few tries they give up.  "I want patience and I want it NOW!"  I know this sounds like humor, but it's actually true.  

January 2, 2021 12:59 PM MST

Well I want it NOW too but but my NOW covers many decades. And here I sit impatient as ever. I throw in the towel. If I couldn't do it by now it's hopeless. Sigh. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 3, 2021 2:26 AM MST

All vaccines have a period of time before they are effective. 
    It is your body that has to react to the vaccine and produce its own immunity to the disease.
    The vaccine does not inject immunity into you...it inject the disease into you and your body makes the antigens that protect you. 
      December 31, 2020 6:25 AM MST

Thank you for your reply m2c.
      December 31, 2020 12:41 PM MST

All viruses mutate. So does this one. The Pfizer vaccine provides SOME protection and that is not instantaneous.
    Broad spectrum antiviral vaccines are fiendishly difficult to get right, so we'll be waiting a while to get one.
      December 31, 2020 5:47 PM MST

Good luck to all of us. Everywhere. Thank you for your reply R! :)
      January 2, 2021 11:38 AM MST