Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What we like support defend protect reflects what we are and whom. You cannot adore a snake if you are not one too. Can you?

What we like support defend protect reflects what we are and whom. You cannot adore a snake if you are not one too. Can you?

Figuratively not literally.

Posted - January 2, 2021

Responses

My daughter's best friend has a pet snake. A banana python - its quite docile. Not all pets are cuddly - we have a couple of tree frogs, and lots of people have fish.
      January 2, 2021 2:59 AM MST

Years ago our son Gary who used to live in San Jacinto, 5 miles away, had multiple glass thingies in which he had a snake and some lizards and other creepy crawly things. His then-wife was into that and it really was unsettling to go into their living room and see these two whatever you call them with writhing things therein. They divorced, he got rid of the caged things (I think he gave them to a zoo) moved up to northern Nevada and remarried. They have two adorable dogs. I think the snake ate other living things. Does your daughter's friend drape it around her neck the way we see in movies? I think of pets as being cuddly. That's the last word I'd associate with a snake. On the other hand I fell in love with a spider. Charlotte's Web was the cause. I wonder if snakes are loving? Thank you for your reply R and Happy Saturday/Sunday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 2, 2021 3:33 AM MST
      January 2, 2021 3:32 AM MST

Very difficult to cuddle with a fish.  :)
      January 2, 2021 7:04 AM MST

We had some fish that would swim into your hand...more like a petting than a cuddle. But it was neat. These were Oscars.
      January 2, 2021 7:25 AM MST

Somehow, I can't warm up to fish as pets. :)
      January 2, 2021 10:06 AM MST

They are calming to watch as they swim around. 
    I like catfish, oscars, dragonfish. 
    Goldfish, tetras etc are kind of boring. 
      January 3, 2021 7:45 AM MST

That's why dentists used to have aquariums in their waiting rooms.
      January 3, 2021 7:55 AM MST

I know several people who love their snakes. 
    Personally, I do not like them. 
    My son has a leopard gecko. We have some fish. 
    But no snakes or spiders allowed in my house.
      January 2, 2021 7:29 AM MST