Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » trump supporters...are you proud of yourselves now?

trump supporters...are you proud of yourselves now?

Posted - January 6, 2021

Responses

I do fear there's more to come. 
      January 6, 2021 6:51 PM MST

Indeed. I have always said stupidity rules.
      January 6, 2021 6:55 PM MST

How many Republicans have you seen supporting those who stormed the Capital yesterday?  I have seen any do so.  All I have seen from conservatives is condemnation of their actions.

This is a marked difference to how Democrats responded to the likes of BLM and Antifa as they were burning down cities last summer.  Democrats denied that these two groups were committing violence.  Jerry Nadler said that the reports of looting, arson, and rioting were myths.  Kamala Harris and quite a few celebrities fund raised to pay the bails for the rioters.  When Trump sent in federal law enforcement to protect the federal court house in Portland, Oregan, those officers were called stormtroopers by Nancy Pelosi.

On the other hand, when it is alleged that Trump Supporters are overrunning the US Capital, these same people who dismissed the above violence are now calling for prosecution of those who stormed the Capital and want to blame Trump for the violence.

The double standard is breathtaking.  I am going to be entirely consistent with my positions from this summer.  I don't care about the political views of the people involved.  Those who committed the violence should be prosecuted.  I don't care if they are BLM, Antifa, or Trump Supporters.  They should ALL be prosecuted if they commit violence.

All of that written, let me point out somethings about these incidents.

1. The vast majority of Trump Rallies have been peaceful.  His supports have not gone out and rioted in the cities where they met.  They did not destroy other people's property.  They did not loot stores.

2. Where violence has been associated with gatherings of Trump supporters, it has been instigated by left-wing counterprotestors, not the Trump Supporters.

Thus, Trump supporters storming the Capitol building is out of character for them.

Let's add to this the reports that left-wing groups (Antifa, BLM) had plans to infiltrate the Trump supporters and create trouble.  So, before passing judgement on who is responsible for the violence yesterday, maybe we should take a close look at those who were guilty to find out what they real political beliefs are.  Don't get me wring here.  I am not claiming to know just who these people were.  Once again, I also believe that they should be prosecuted regardless of their politics.  However, we need to know their actual motivations in order to fully understand what happened.

January 7, 2021 3:25 PM MST

Welcome back. You have been missed.
      January 7, 2021 4:40 PM MST

Thanks.  I was over at Facebook, but I delete my account there with the beginning of the new year.  I checked out Parler, but could not figure out how to follow really follow discussions over there.  So, I decided to come back here.
      January 7, 2021 4:58 PM MST

My husband is on Parler too but says they need to work on the site use.  So he is on Twitter more...
    I only use FB for business purposes and messenger for family. 
      January 7, 2021 5:15 PM MST

I have a Parler account as well. I'm still in the process of learning how to use it though.
      January 7, 2021 6:01 PM MST

I deleted my FB account as well some time ago. I never felt comfortable logging in there.
      January 7, 2021 5:59 PM MST

I got nothing to be ashamed of...

Crazies on both sides...we condemn them both. 

January 7, 2021 5:13 PM MST

I just heard the term 'Retrumplicans' for the first time. I'll bet they prefer that to Trumpettes. 

Republicans are NOT the same thing as Retrumplicans. I do hope that Republicans can extract themselves from those who have continued to support Trump. Those who heard, from his own lips and without any media slant, him say that he would be walking WITH them to storm the Capital. 

I think it should go something like this:  They need to publicly denounce Trump and admit they were wrong and gullible. They need to stop defending him and themselves for making excuses like "I don't care what he does as a person, as long as he CLAIMS to be a "Christian", is against same gender marriage, is against freedom of religion unless it's MY religion, helps restrict abortions, doesn't give a fvck about the environment, does whatever he can to keep immigrants from 'sh*thole' countries from coming here, et cetera,". 

Just a thought. 
      January 7, 2021 8:24 PM MST

I say drop the Re.  Just make it Trumpians. 
      January 7, 2021 8:31 PM MST

What???? Are you ready to denounce?????????

I generally say trump-worshipers. :)

January 7, 2021 8:34 PM MST

Denounce what/who?  Not Trump.  He did not tell the crazies to do that. 
    I condemn all violence left or right. 

Trump did not say storm the capital..
    "And after this, we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down to the Capitol and we are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women,...."

January 7, 2021 8:39 PM MST

Wow.
      January 7, 2021 8:42 PM MST