Active Now

Shuhak
Danilo_G
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Who wants to bet that Trump will be investigated for election fraud, extortion, and conspiracy to start with?

Who wants to bet that Trump will be investigated for election fraud, extortion, and conspiracy to start with?

Posted - January 6, 2021

Responses

I suspect there could be a lot more charges than those.  New York can't wait to get their hands on him and his traveling circus.
      January 7, 2021 6:24 AM MST

I heard that from my sister. What's the deal?
      January 7, 2021 11:01 AM MST

He and his company are being investigated for some shady real estate deals they made and for fudging on their taxes as a result.  Apparently, they estimated the worth of their holdings at a higher amount in order to get loans and at a lower amount for tax purposes.  I'm sure there are any number of other things they'd like to get him on as well.

"[Letitia James. NYS Attorney General] ...would escalate its fraud investigation of the Trump Organization for allegedly inflating the value of assets to obtain loans and tax breaks. She would ask a New York State Supreme Court judge to compel the company to turn over requested materials and to demand direct testimony from Eric Trump, the president’s son, who’d previously declined to appear for a scheduled session with James’s team of prosecutors. (Her office also has gone after the Trump family charity, leveling charges of “persistently illegal conduct.”)"

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/why-letitia-james-is-taking-on-trump-the-nra-and-more

Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance:  "Trump faces two New York state inquiries into whether he misled tax authorities, banks or business partners. Two women alleging he sexually assaulted them are suing him. Some Democrats are calling for the revival of a federal campaign finance investigation that appeared to end under U.S. Attorney General William Barr."

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-new-york-campaign-finance-cyrus-vance-jr-manhattan-f841d62dbf6d1a8ba2949bc577858f6e This post was edited by SpunkySenior at January 7, 2021 1:35 PM MST
      January 7, 2021 11:47 AM MST

Thanks.
      January 7, 2021 1:36 PM MST

We can only hope.
      January 7, 2021 11:02 AM MST

Absolutely, how did all those people get into the Capitol?
      January 7, 2021 11:35 AM MST