Discussion » Questions » Family » Could you disown a child who turned out to be evil/monstrous or would you stick by him/her to the end? Why?

Could you disown a child who turned out to be evil/monstrous or would you stick by him/her to the end? Why?

Posted - October 18, 2016

Responses

• I'd throw it away. And if anyone protest I'll give that child to that protester.
      October 18, 2016 10:21 AM MDT

Throw it away? I dunno. Such a human being would be in custody/incarcerated. I would simply cut off all ties. Distance myself/disavow and move on. I could not love such a person..even one that I was responsible for having been born. I cannot love a monster. I cannot love a person who is a degenerate/depraved/evil.  Not possible! Thank you for your reply BABB and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 19, 2016 5:40 AM MDT

• Hypothetical question: If your son were imprisoned for 20 years for rape and murder, would you never visit him in prison? 
    What if he were incarcerated for a white collar offence, say embezzlement on a large scale? 
      October 19, 2016 5:49 AM MDT

• I wouldn't disown them, Id always love them. I wouldn't support them, but I  wouldn't disown them.
      October 18, 2016 12:56 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Karen. So if Hitler were your son you would always love him? I know it's stretching the point. I would distance myself/disavow the person and cut off all ties. I could not love a monster Karen. I could not. I am not built to do that. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 19, 2016 5:33 AM MDT

DING-DING-DING!  That's my son. He requires all kinds of medication to keep him somewhat civil. We still love him anyway, he is a keeper. This post was edited by B.H.Wilson at October 24, 2016 7:18 PM MDT
      October 18, 2016 1:04 PM MDT

So if your son were Adolf Hitler you would still love him? Different strokes bh. If your child were a depraved/degenerate/evil person your love would not be diminished at all? What would be there to love exactly?  Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 19, 2016 5:35 AM MDT