Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » Is there a certain age when long hair stops looking nice on a woman?

Is there a certain age when long hair stops looking nice on a woman?

Posted - October 18, 2016

Responses

• No, I think long hair is especially attractive in mature women.
      October 18, 2016 5:33 PM MDT

No way.  Long hair is feminine.  A feminine look is always more attractive to me.
      October 18, 2016 5:37 PM MDT

• Definitely not ... so keep it!
    I was only having this discussion with someone the other day .... It seems way back when that once a woman reached 20 or so of came the locks to be replaced by silly perms and such ... even long grey hair is attractive ... distinguished even
      October 18, 2016 5:40 PM MDT

You're echoing my thoughts. Short hair became the expected thing for previous generations at a certain age. I like the idea of having a long full head of gray hair at some point, but I was eyeballing myself in the mirror the other day. I had my hair pulled back in a ponytail and it still extended past my waist. I don't have the look of youth anymore, though, and the grays pop out more than before. It's almost perpetually in a messy  "mom bun," so I was second guessing myself. Maybe it's time to hack a bit off. I like all the comments here, though, so perhaps I'll let it be for now. :)
      October 19, 2016 2:03 PM MDT

• of course its your hair and up to you with whatever makes you feel comfortable ... i'm sure what ever you do will be the right thing
      October 19, 2016 2:28 PM MDT

My neice by marriage is completely gray.  She had long hair, even though she's older than I am.  She looks great with thick, long, straight hair. I, on the other hand look like someone mopped the floor with my head, so I keep mine fairly short.
    My best friend is a hair dresser and she always makes my hair look great.  Thanks for reminding me too give her a call...lol
      November 6, 2016 3:21 PM MST

I think it depends on how your hair is still looking at a certain age.  If you are blessed with a beautiful head of hair and keep it looking healthy by trimming the ends and controlling the look of frizz, it can be very attractive.  But honestly, long straggly looking hair on some women really detracts from their looks instead of enhancing it.
      October 18, 2016 7:24 PM MDT

My hair is prone to "frizz"...do you mean I should not be allowed to have long hair because "controlling frizz" would mean I cannot have hair?  
      November 6, 2016 2:30 PM MST

I have  straight baby fine hair, that just looks like a wet mop when it's long!! lol
      November 6, 2016 3:11 PM MST

My hair is curly/frizzy...
      November 6, 2016 3:22 PM MST

My older sister has curly/frizzy hair.  I always wanted her hair...lol
      November 6, 2016 3:27 PM MST

Everyone always wanted my hair...except me, who actually had experience with it.  
      November 6, 2016 4:23 PM MST

Frizzy hair is not automatically unattractive. 

Neither is flat hair automatically unattractive. 

~
      November 6, 2016 5:02 PM MST

Never said it was, Randy, just that it is difficult to deal with.  
      November 6, 2016 5:56 PM MST

Thank you, Bozette.
    ~
      November 6, 2016 10:50 PM MST

"Damaged ends" is probably a better word.  I do not have frizzy hair.  I have very fine hair that I do color and the damage shows on it if I don't frequently get a trim.

I love full heads of curly hair, even hair that some would describe as "frizzy".  Sorry if I didn't describe my own hair very well.
      November 6, 2016 9:42 PM MST

I have often heard people speak of "trimming" split ends and frankly that would result in shaving my head, as that is just how my hair is.  My hair also is more uncontrollable the shorter it is.  I have also had every person who has ever had any experience with hair cutting/styling say they know just what would be "perfect" for my hair...and every one of them lied...so when people give their suggestions, I tend toward scepticism.  
      November 6, 2016 11:26 PM MST

YES!  Thank you!! My hair is baby fine, so when it gets a certain length( Shoulder-length) it just lies flat, doesn't keep a curl, so I keep it in a short bob, or short enough to just blow dry it and be done with. 
    I think it depends on the woman's shape of her face. My face is long, so long hair makes me look older. 
      November 6, 2016 3:08 PM MST

No, unless it's not taken care of.
      October 19, 2016 1:24 AM MDT

If a woman looks good in long hair, age makes no difference. 
      October 19, 2016 5:09 AM MDT

No. Even my 90 year old grandma would look better with a longer hair.
      October 19, 2016 1:54 PM MDT

No. On average, long hair looks great from birth to old age for girls/women. 

Anecdotally, I offer the following: My wife is a hairdresser, and one of her co-workers is a woman 10 years her senior. That woman has the opinion that NO woman should have long hair after age 30, that it's unattractive and inappropriate. She herself adheres to that premise; her hair is extremely short. 

To each his his or her own, right?
    ~
      October 22, 2016 8:12 AM MDT

NO NO NO NO NO

LONG HAIR NEVER LOOKS NICE ON A WOMAN...........

OF ANY AGE!!!!!!!!

it just hangs there; all they can do is wear it up or back or down......big deal...

and when you think of all the time/water/shampoo they waste taking care of it, WHY THE HELL BOTHER??????????????????

have never liked  long hair.....anything past the shoulders is SUPERFLUOUS & should be shortened right away!!!!!!!!!!!

November 6, 2016 12:32 PM MST

You're entitled to see it however you like. 

~
      November 6, 2016 2:16 PM MST