Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think everyone has a favorite "COMFORT FOOD". Usually it involves rice or pasta or potatoes. Does everyone also have "COMFORT WORDS"?

I think everyone has a favorite "COMFORT FOOD". Usually it involves rice or pasta or potatoes. Does everyone also have "COMFORT WORDS"?

Words you can say or hear that are always GUARANTEED to make you "feel" better?

Wanna share them?

Posted - January 14, 2021

Responses

The ultimate comfort food is chocolate.

The ultimate comfort words? How about "I still love you"?
      January 14, 2021 3:28 AM MST

Not for me R. WEIRD. As a kid I had such a ferocious SWEET TOOTH my mom had to LOCK UP any candy she had in the house. Now when I can access whatever I want my sweet tooth is gone. From time to time I might have a bit of something sweet but then usually after I have to eat something salty like pretzels or popcorn to rid my mouth of that sweet taste. Irony comes in many sizes. So for me it's gonna be carbs. I do like a bit of Nutella spread on a peanut butter covered chocolate rice cake. But just a thin coating. I also like Apricot jam and sometimes I will just put a teaspoon in the jar and have a bit. Oh. My favorite candy in the world is or used to be Dark chocolate-covered orange peel but I don't kno when I had any last. Two decades ago maybe?
    Tastebuds do indeed change as we age. Too much sugar will never be my problem now. It was when I was a kid. I got cavities up the ying yang. Even so believe it or not I HAVE ALL MY OWN TEETH! I know. It's a MIRACLE! There is a chocolate orange-shaped candy called TERRY'S. You bang it on the counter while wrapped and it falls into slices. The stores only carry it during the holidays. It is seasonal. JIM LOVES IT! I bought 12 of them and there they sit up on the closet shelf to be opened as needed. Once in awhile I'll have one. A few days ago I ATE FOUR! The devil took over I guess. Do they carry that in Australia? Thank you for your reply R! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 14, 2021 3:39 AM MST
      January 14, 2021 3:37 AM MST

Not familiar with those. I'm more a savoury person myself, but there are a few indulgences that bring out my inner chocoholic. Chocolate almonds. Tim Tams. Giant Twins.
    The first you'll be familiar with, the other two probably not. Tim Tams are a pair of chocolate biscuits (cookies), covered with a thin layer of chocolate and with a light chocolate cream filling. A favourite Australian party game is the "Tim Tam Slam", where you bite the corners off, then suck a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream through it and try to finish the drink and then eat the biscuit before it turns into mush. Giant Twins are a South Aussie ice cream treat - an ice cream bar with a thin chocolate coating, that cracks when you bite into it. I like the honey ice cream ones, Maureen is partial to the licorice. Black ice cream. Weird, I know.
    We passed through the Clare Valley on our way back from camping at Hawker, and stopped at Laura with the hope of touring the Golden North Ice Cream factory where Giant Twins are made - but sadly COVID-19 had closed it to the general public :-(
      January 14, 2021 3:56 AM MST

LICORICE ICE CREAM? Be still my heart! I LOVE LICORICE anything. Ice cream is not something I would have thought but now that you mention great idea. Tim Tams sound really good. I do like Bailey's Irish Cream but haven't had any in years. Well you know I found OLD CROC cheese at the market so maybe there are other AUSSIE imports around that I can find. So when COVID runs its course you and Maureen will tour that ice cream factory right? Lucky you and they'll probably give out samples. The only such place we ever toured was when Rich lived in Denver Colorado. His then-fiancee took us to Boulder to tour the Celestial Seasonings Tea factory. It was amazing and I will tell you something shocking! Their peppermint room (yes they had a PEPPERMINT ROOM) we walked into and the peppermint aroma knocked us right back out. It was THAT STRONG. It kinda stings as a matter of fact. Then they had a lovely gift shop too which we meandered through. We always buy Celestial Seasonings since then. Having been there it just seems the proper thing to do. Thank you for your nifty informative reply R. Oh you also have mentioned favorite beers which I've seen for sale in our local supermarkets. I like having access to foods from other countries. :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 14, 2021 4:07 AM MST
      January 14, 2021 4:05 AM MST