Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » BLM/Antifa activist arrested for participating in Capital Riot. How many more or the rioters were actually leftists?

BLM/Antifa activist arrested for participating in Capital Riot. How many more or the rioters were actually leftists?

Utah activist John Sullivan has been arrested for participating in in the storming of the Capital on 6 January.  He is a leader of a far left activist organization in Utah and has been arrested for violence in protests before.  He is NOT a Trump supporter.  How many more of the people involved in the riot last week were also leftist activists just trying to stir up trouble?
https://thepostmillennial.com/cnn-featured-blm-activist-who-was-arrested-for-participating-in-capitol-riot

Posted - January 15, 2021

Responses

Yep and did you see he was there with CNN. 
      January 15, 2021 6:57 PM MST

Birds of a feather flock together.
      January 15, 2021 8:56 PM MST

They were all incited by Trump to partake in the insurrection. That was cause for his second time impeachment and his favorability rating dropping down to 29%.
      January 15, 2021 11:33 PM MST

BLM was incited by Trump to storm the White House....

Trump favorability is at 42%....

"We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for integrity of our elections..."

"We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. ...."

This post was edited by my2cents at January 16, 2021 6:57 AM MST
      January 16, 2021 6:56 AM MST

29% favorability rating according to Business Insider within the last 24 hours.

Trump would not be impeached.again if he was not charged with inciting insurrection.
      January 16, 2021 9:55 AM MST

1.Polls prove nothing more than how easily people can be manipulated by a biased press.

2. Exactly where did Trump incite a riot?  Where did he tell people to break into the Capital?  Please provide the actual quotes where he told people to get violent?

3. As I pointed out in my question, this one guy was a member of Antifa and Black Lives Matter.  Are you really going to tell us that he would do something because Trump told him to do it?  The last time that I check, those two organization were working to get Trump thrown out of office.  So, doesn't it make more sense that that guy was there specifically to create trouble for Trump rather than following any instructions that Trump might have given?

4. It should also be noted that the rioters who first breached the Capital Hill perimeter would have had to leave the location of Trump's speech BEFORE he even started to speak in order to get to the Capital by the time the trouble started.
    https://thenationalpulse.com/breaking/ex-capitol-police-chief-says-pelosi-mcconnells-sergeants-at-arms-refused-security-measures-while-new-timeline-proves-trump-incitement-claims-bogus/

So, tell me again how it is that Trump caused the riot.  Sorry, but he could not have caused it.  Once again we have House Democrats impeaching Trump for something that he did not do.
      January 16, 2021 12:40 PM MST

Furthermore, if you think that the Democrats were justified in impeaching Trump for calling for peaceful protests, how about Kamal Harris who, last summer, spoke out in support of the violent protests of BLM and Antifa?  Was she not just as guilty of inciting insurrection?
    https://rumble.com/vcjjbl-flashback-kamala-harris-celebrated-blm-antifa-riots.html
      January 16, 2021 12:47 PM MST

You can google 'Trump incited insurrection' there are multiple websites that provide all the details 'Trump incited insurrection against his own capital'. Can they all be wrong?
      January 16, 2021 1:07 PM MST

Yes. They are all lying. 

Show me the video of him inciting the riot.  Show me in the transcript where he incited a riot. 

January 16, 2021 3:36 PM MST

And the poll directly before that had him at 51%....if polls were correct Hillary was President.
      January 16, 2021 3:38 PM MST

Cannot make links with this dumb smart phone but google 'Trump capital speech incited insurrection YouTube video' there are several videos and transcripts indicate  what was said.

If all the left media is lying that Trump incited insurrection can be proven there should be some great lawsuits for libel happening.
      January 16, 2021 9:15 PM MST

I posted the link above. 
    Here it is again 
      January 17, 2021 7:22 AM MST

Was a very stirring and arousing speech; but wheather it really amounts to incitement of insurrection seems like a matter of opinion depending which side one is on.

In closing he remarked "and we FIGHT, we FIGHT LIKE HELL! If you don't FIGHT LIKE HELL you are not going to have a country any more"

Some of the things he said where there is no evidence to say so like 'a rigged election' etc.
      January 17, 2021 8:45 AM MST

Fight like hell to show that we believe that election was stolen.  He said specifically how to fight....."peacefully and patriotically"and "march to the Capital to CHEER on the Republicans...."
      January 17, 2021 9:29 AM MST

If there happened to be many rambunctious redneck kinds of people in the crowd  they may have misunderstood that Trump meant 'peacefully and patriotically' when he used the term 'fight'.
      January 17, 2021 9:48 AM MST

I know there were crazies.  But Trump is not responsible for the crazies.  And there were BLM crazies there as well. John Sullivan was there and you can hear him saying "we did it" "We took this thing." And talking about how he had broke the window but no one videoed it.   So there was also leftist crazies as well.  
    I say arrest them all. But Trump did not cause it. 

And if he did then we need to remove a bunch of politicians who used similar speech.  
      January 17, 2021 10:07 AM MST

we'll find out when they tell us
      January 18, 2021 1:53 PM MST