Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you now or have you ever collected anything? Why?

Do you now or have you ever collected anything? Why?

For me it's unicorns. For you?

Posted - January 16, 2021

Responses

I did collect 7 inch vinyl records - in the days before mp3s, it was a way of making sure I had the songs I liked. I had a stack half my height at one point - until my son, then aged three, got to them and ruined most of them. I got my fury under control, then spanked him for disobedience. He couldn't know how important they were to me, but did know that I'd told him to leave them alone.
      January 16, 2021 4:06 AM MST

Geez R talk about the "good old days". Records were da bomb in my time. I am a huge Ella Fitzgerald fan and had every record she ever made. I never got tired of listening to her jazzifying the songs. She brought an added dimension to them in my opinion that was singular and not replicatable. I remember buying records of Genesis and Fleetwood Mac and Sting and Larry Carlton. It seems forever ago when the world was younger and I was younger and my son was a teenager who introduced me to my favorite male singer...Donald Fagin...Steely Dan. Did I just dream it? It was a very lovely dream. Thank you for your reply m'dear. Think futurely there will be "good old days" for those alive then? This post was edited by RosieG at January 16, 2021 9:42 AM MST
      January 16, 2021 4:53 AM MST

Dust bunnies.
      January 16, 2021 9:08 AM MST

Hahahahahahaha! I collect them too but not on purpose L! Different strokes! Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 16, 2021 9:45 AM MST

I don't collect them on purpose either, they just seem to proliferate before my very eyes. :)
      January 16, 2021 12:06 PM MST