Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Lady GAGA. Jennifer Lopez. Garth Brooks. The POET LAUREAT of AMERICA. Pretty good slate of entertainers for President Biden. DIDJA ATTEND?

Lady GAGA. Jennifer Lopez. Garth Brooks. The POET LAUREAT of AMERICA. Pretty good slate of entertainers for President Biden. DIDJA ATTEND?

Posted - January 20, 2021

Responses

"Con" artists? Vass is diss?
      April 10, 2021 6:10 AM MDT

I read a news report naming some of the celebrities who would be attending, including Lady Ga-Ga singing the National Anthem, and wondered if it was meant to be a major, serious Constitutional occasion or a see-and-be-seen trip for the see-and-be-seen world of entertainment!

(I heard part of her singing... Oh, she's not bad as a singer, but a slightly faster, steady march, tempo would have been more dignified!)
      January 20, 2021 2:35 PM MST

I agree that it was sung too slowly.  Why can't they just sing it the way it was written?  At least she didn't riff for half the anthem.  One best renditions I've ever heard was done by Whitney Houston.  It was perfect.
      January 20, 2021 2:44 PM MST

I disagree with you completely. What else is new and SO WHAT? I found the entire evening of entertainment which you may or may not have seen to have been PERFECT FLAWLESS INSPIRING and VERY AMERICA at its best. Lady GAGA is one of my favorites. Once again your dry disposirion of her is your right. Once upon a time long ago I was privileged to watch and listen to her as she was being interviewed. Do you know WHY she began as a sideshow performer? Why she'd wear a raw meat dress for example? What her goal doing that was? People decide whom you are by what you look like. Snap judgments. Never bothering to get to know what lies inside. She wanted to show that what you see isn't as important as what you don't. That what you look like doesn't matter. It's what you are that counts. She wanted all those who lived lives on the margins..who were dismissed dispensed with because they didn't fit the rigid mold templated by others..to KNOW that whomever they were was OKAY. Through the years she modified what she wore and even wears very stunning clothes now. LONG ago she proved her point.. She has an AMAZING VOICE and sings with AMAZING GRACE. In my opinion. Now as an American I won't take any offense at your response. It is entirely yours based on whom you are and what you like and what you dislike. Thank you for your reply Durdle. I expect you don't believe in unicorns much or miracles  either. i adore them...unicorns since I was 16 and miracles since I was a child. Do you like rainbows or not so much? I LOVE THEM. We are different. SO WHAT? RIGHT? This post was edited by RosieG at January 21, 2021 2:19 AM MST
      January 21, 2021 2:15 AM MST

Oh, I didn't necessarily expect you to agree - it was your country's presidential inauguration after all. It surprised me though that it should be a show-biz event as well.

I don 't expect funereal solemnity but irrespective of country and party I've always thought of such events as State ceremonies not pop-concerts. So the guests would not be entertainers but people like civil- and diplomatic- service departmental heads, leading Armed Services officers, former incumbents (I know three did) and the ambassadors or consuls from foreign countries.

I heard part of Lady Ga-Ga's singing, and I  must admit it was a lot better than I'd expected from her, but just a bit too slow. (That happens with the UK's National Anthem sometimes, too.)

I recall her wearing a dress covered in rashers of bacon but I don't think I knew why. I assumed she was trying to make a point though, not just being another silly show-biz type after maximum publicity. I didn't know she'd been a sideshow performer but pop-singers come from all sorts of backgrounds, many from very poor ones. I' m trying to recall her real name - Stephanie something. Italian I think. 

No I don't believe in unicorns, but I know they were something of a fad last year. I've no idea why.

Rainbows? Oh, I love them too! I saw one once that was pretty well one single colour, yellow - that must be very rare.    
      January 22, 2021 2:04 PM MST

Dignified? Different strokes. I thought she was MAGNIFICENT. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      January 22, 2021 1:07 AM MST

Nope, didn't attend. There was nothing there that I wanted to see or hear.
      January 20, 2021 8:34 PM MST

Thank you for your reply. Different strokes ru. Different strokes for different folks.
      January 21, 2021 2:00 AM MST