Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How often does a jury WITNESS a crime? The Senators were there. Can't plead ignorance. Maybe stupidity?

How often does a jury WITNESS a crime? The Senators were there. Can't plead ignorance. Maybe stupidity?

Posted - January 21, 2021

Responses

And everyone agrees everyone who entered the Capitol illegally should be arrested.  

We also have transcript shows exactly what Trump said.  Peacefully and Patriotically make you VOICE know.  March and CHEER on our Republicans....   We support the BLUE.  We are the party of LAW AND ORDER.   BE PEACEFUL...GO HOME

There is nothing wrong or illegal about protesting the result of an election in a peaceful matter.  

AGAIN....arrest all the rioters.  Arrest everyone who entered illegally.

Should the rioters in Portland be arrested now?  Or it is just those in DC on Jan 6?

In a legal case, no one would be allowed on a jury who was a witness to the supposed crime. So the answer to your question....it does not happen ever.  This post was edited by my2cents at January 21, 2021 10:27 AM MST
      January 21, 2021 10:25 AM MST

I love the way you cherry pick your quotes.  How about these:

‘fight much harder’ against ‘bad people’ and ‘show strength’ at the Capitol.

“Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. ...we’re going to have to fight much harder."

"... you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

"... you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

“We fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

"...we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. … We are going to the Capitol, ..."  

"As he sicced his supporters on Congress, Mr. Trump assured them that he would personally accompany them to the Capitol. In fact, as several of his followers and police officers were being injured or dying in the ensuing chaos, the president was watching the violence play out on television from the safety of the White House."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/us/trump-speech-riot.html

January 21, 2021 3:45 PM MST

Fight does not always mean a physical fight. 

You can fight in court.  You can fight with your spouse and never touch them.  Fight simply means to oppose someone or something.

fights, fighting or fought 1. to oppose or struggle against (an enemy) in battle 2. to oppose or struggle against (a person, thing, cause, etc) in any manner 3. (tr) to engage in or carry on (a battle, contest, etc)

If what Trump said was impeachable....get ready because there will be a lot of that going on in the future. 

This post was edited by my2cents at January 21, 2021 4:33 PM MST
      January 21, 2021 4:18 PM MST

Do you see how many of his former allies have stated that he incited that mob?  Republicans have condemned his words (and him) and he knows it.  If you believe that his words were not meant to stir them up to do what they did, then I truly feel sorry for you.
      January 21, 2021 9:34 PM MST

:):):)
      January 22, 2021 12:37 AM MST

Rep have always been cowards. Someone calls them a name and they cower down and do what they are told.  Trump gave some of them a spine for a bit.  But as you can see...that spine melted for many. 
    Establishment has always hated Trump that never changed.  They just believe they have cover now. 

They will pay for their betrayal. Cheney has a challenge to her leadership in the House. And a primary challenger already announced.   

I listened to the rally live. I did not feel like I should go overthrow the Capitol.  The storming did NOT help the objections. It stopped them.   
    Antifa was there. One one their leaders was arrested. He filmed himself. There was reported at least 1 bus load of Antifa in DC. There is also video of them changing in the woods to appear as Trump supporters. It was planned...by Antifa and by ring wing nuts.  But not by Trump. 
      January 22, 2021 6:15 AM MST

The reason you were not moved to join a riot is because you are relatively sane.  The people who attended were just waiting for the least little bit of encouragement to let loose and do as much damage as possible.  These are people who belong to militias, the Proud Boys, right wing extremist groups, etc.  They will mobilize at the drop of a hat as long as they can bring their guns with them.  
      January 22, 2021 7:42 AM MST

"Relatively sane"....lol

If I lived closer I would have been there dispite knowing there was talk by the crazies on both sides.  Majority of people were there not to riot or otherwise...just to make sure the Congress knew they wanted the audit of the votes (computers and ballots etc)

Just as most BLM protesters are peaceful but there are few crazies.  
    Arrest all the crazies. Left or right.
    Do we arrest/impeach Pelosi for her speech or Harris for supporting and raising bail money them?  This post was edited by my2cents at January 22, 2021 8:16 AM MST
      January 22, 2021 8:13 AM MST

Yes, there are crazies on both sides, but the mob mentality can sometimes draw in the most docile of persons.

I'm not sure what speech for which you would like to impeach Pelosi.  As far as bail goes, there are any number of non-violent persons that languish in a cell simply because they can't afford bail.  Let's say you fail to pay several traffic tickets (just spit-balling here) and they come to arrest you.  Do you think non-payment of traffic tickets constitutes a "crime" severe enough to spend  time in a cell with hardened criminals for what may be months before you trial comes up simply because you can't make bail?
      January 22, 2021 8:25 AM MST

1. Harris was raising bail money for rioters who were arrested. 
    2. Pelosi: “I just don’t even know why there aren’t uprisings all over the country. Maybe, there will be, when people realize that this is a policy that they defend. It’s a horrible thing."
    3. Harris on BLM (June 2020...riots already in several cities)
    "They’re not going to stop,” Harris said at the time. “This is a movement, I’m telling you. They’re not going to stop and everyone beware, because they’re not going to stop. They’re not going to stop before Election Day in November and they’re not going to stop after Election Day. Everyone should take note of that on both levels. They’re not going to let up and they should not and we should not.”

If watch Trump said is impeachable then both statements by Pelosi and Harris are as well.  

And there are many more statements of this kind from many Dems in office.  This post was edited by my2cents at January 22, 2021 9:43 PM MST
      January 22, 2021 5:44 PM MST

Harris simply said they weren't going to stop - she did NOT rile her supporters up to START a riot, unlike His Royal Orangeness. His was an inflammatory speech intended to rile the hearers up, a tactic Hitler used successfully. What do you expect from a man who slept with a copy of Mein Kampf beside the bed for years, according to Ivana?
    He also told the rioters that "you are special" and "we love you" before telling them to go home - as well as telling a far-right neo-Nazi paramilitary group (terrorists by definition) to "stand by" during the debate.
      January 22, 2021 9:18 PM MST

And did not tell people to start a riot. You have to add words to get to that.  

Harris' quote was said during the summer of the BLM riots. She did not have to rile them up...they were ALREADY RIOTING....she raised money to bail them out and then said they will not and SHOULD not stop.  Shall we start her impeachment?   Notice I had to add nothing to her quote only know was made at the time during many BLM protests which became riots. 

Trump said "Peacefully nand Patriotically" ..."walk and CHEER" "party of LAW AND ORDER...SUPPORT THE BLUE." "STAY PEACEFUL" "Go Home in Peace" ....words must be added to his speech to get go riot out of it....there was no violence at the time. There was not normally riots at a during Trump rally. (Only violence was normally after and FROM anti-Trump protesters attacking...as many Dem politicans have told them to do...Waters, Booker, Holder, Pelosi, Harris etc)   

So if Trump is impeachable....they had better get ready for a bunch of impeachments because there is a lot of talk like that been going on for a long time. This post was edited by my2cents at January 23, 2021 6:40 AM MST
      January 23, 2021 6:35 AM MST

:):):)
      January 22, 2021 12:38 AM MST