Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can ANYONE make ANY SENSE out of ANY OF THIS?

Can ANYONE make ANY SENSE out of ANY OF THIS?

"Portland (Oregon) police arrest 15 alleged ANTIFA rioters after Democratic Headquarters and federal immigration offices were attacked."

15 out of 200 in a MOB
ANTIFA attacking Democratic anything? How does that make sense? I thought they were ANTI GOP. I don't get it.

Posted - January 22, 2021

Responses

It’s very easy to understand.  People in the news media refer to Antifa as both leftists and anarchists, but which one is it?  They can’t be both.  It looks like they’re more like anarchists and not leftists.

A leftist is someone who, at the most extreme left end of the political spectrum, wants communism, which requires a lot of government, but an anarchist is someone who doesn’t want any government at all.  Anarchists don’t want Republicans OR Democrats.  They’re just being consistent.

I think people in the news media only see things as left vs right, liberal vs conservative and Democrat vs Republican so anything other than those two choices breaks their brains because they don’t get how politics is a lot more nuanced than just the only two choices they talk about.

This post was edited by Livvie at January 23, 2021 8:25 AM MST
      January 22, 2021 7:30 AM MST

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me Liv. Happy Saturday to thee and thine. STAY SAFE! :)
      January 23, 2021 4:40 AM MST