Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Who are you wearing? A question asked celebrities meaning "who designed it"? Who/whom do you wear? Eddie Bauer, LEVIS, Chanel, or other?

Who are you wearing? A question asked celebrities meaning "who designed it"? Who/whom do you wear? Eddie Bauer, LEVIS, Chanel, or other?

Posted - January 24, 2021

Responses

Wal-mart, Schetchers, Hanes, JC Penny. The good stuff.
      January 24, 2021 9:43 AM MST

Dam* straight it is! FOR SURE. Just because it doesn't cost an arm and a leg with a fancy dancy expensive designer label name. Some buy a name and don't give a fig about what it is. It's the fame of the name they lust after. WEIRDOS! Thank you for your reply E and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      January 25, 2021 3:53 AM MST

L. L. Bean, Hanes, and everyone's favorite celebrity...Fruit of the Loom.

I don't care who designed my clothing.  Just as long as it serves its function, is inexpensive, and holds up for more than 5 washings.  (three things you can't even say that about most celebrities).
      January 24, 2021 10:08 AM MST

I LOVE the parentheses stuff Shuhak. True and sad too. Years ago when my son was a teen we'd order clothes from L.L. Bean. We lived in the San Fernando Valley then. I was a single mom from the time he was 3 years old when my ex and I divorced. Didja know when I lived in Massachusetts very long ago my then-husband and I (I was pregnant the time) visited the L.L. Bean store on the way up to  places where skiers went. Way back then there was a favorite restaurant on the way up that was famous for its BLUEBERRY pancakes We stopped there and had some. I don't remember the name of it.When we went inside the store we bought an infant-size pair of  moccasins for the baby we were expecting. I was 28. I'm 83! That memory is as vivid now as it was when I lived it. I have no idea why that is. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Monday.! :)
      January 25, 2021 3:50 AM MST

My mother sent me a pair of moose-hide mocs when she worked there. It's so touristy there now you can barely drive through town.
      January 25, 2021 8:32 AM MST

Sad to hear that. That's why I treasure MEMORIES of what used to be. THEY NEVER CHANGE. Was there a change in management I wonder? Thank you for your reply E! :)
      January 25, 2021 8:48 AM MST

I won't buy L.L. Bean anymore. When my mother worked there years ago, their boots and slippers and other stuff was made in the USA or Canada. Now nothing is.
      January 25, 2021 8:29 AM MST

WHAT? Oh geez that's terrible. Well when we were there it was 1966. And when we ordered from there after we were back in California having moved back from Massachusetts years later when my son was a teenager as far as I know it was still USA. He is going to be 56 next month. That is a sad bit of news. Sigh. Your mom worked at the one on the east coast or did they have a store in Toledo? Condolences to the company for whatever caused that. :(
      January 25, 2021 8:36 AM MST