Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What is POPULISM? My Country Tis of ME? HOW DO I LOVE ME? The very thought of me?

What is POPULISM? My Country Tis of ME? HOW DO I LOVE ME? The very thought of me?

Posted - January 25, 2021

Responses

Populism is a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

The term "deep state" is a modern term coined by those trying to appeal to populism.  It feeds on the "average person's" distrust of government, as well as distrust of elitism.
      January 25, 2021 10:13 AM MST

So the FOOTOO adoring worshippers are populists. The FOOTOO adoring insurrectionists are populists? The QANONS and populists and all the hate groups are populists? All the adoring worshippers are populists. Rednecks are populists! Confederate as populaists. Traitors and treasonists are populists. The "overturn the election" cretins are populists.

The best people are ppulists. Thanks Walt. I needed that! Happy Monday to thee and thine. STAY SAFE! :)
      January 25, 2021 10:51 AM MST

Populism definition, any of various, often antiestablishment or anti-intellectual political movements or philosophies that offer unorthodox solutions or policies and appeal to the common person rather than according with traditional party or partisan ideologies.
      January 25, 2021 10:34 AM MST

Part of it is anti-elitism.  Another part of it would be policies that benefit the poor and middle class.  It could also be basing policies on what the majority of people support.  In the case of Donald Trump, his election was mostly voters giving the middle finger to whom they considered to be part of the elite, such as the news media and the political class.
      January 25, 2021 10:48 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Liv. Any FOOTOO is KOOKOO in my opinion. Way  around that bend from which there is no return. Happy Monday m'dear and STAY SAFE! :)
      January 25, 2021 10:53 AM MST