Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » President Biden has issued travel bans for people coming from South Africa and Brazil. So, is he a racist?

President Biden has issued travel bans for people coming from South Africa and Brazil. So, is he a racist?

Posted - January 25, 2021

Responses

I don't think Biden is rasist because he had a black freind called Cornpop. Brazil has a very high coronavirus infection  rate so that is probally the reason for the traval ban - not sure about the infection rate in South Africa  though. Cheers!
      January 25, 2021 8:52 PM MST

No, no, we can't let him off that easily.  When Trump banned travel from countries that supported terrorism, he was called a racist.  When trump banned travel from China because of the virus.  He was called a racist.  So, by the same logic, Biden must also be a racist for banning travel from these other countries where the majority of people are not white.  There is no other acceptable explanation.
      January 25, 2021 8:55 PM MST

Balls. Trump did NOT ban travel from the country whose citizens were SOLELY responsible for 9/11, ie Saudi Arabia. Why? Because Trump does business there.
    Biden has temporarily suspended travel into the USA from those countries but also from European COVID-19 hotspots as well - where the population is almost exclusively white. Try again.
      January 26, 2021 1:19 AM MST

All of that is irrelevant.  Leftists did not care about the reasoning behind Trump's travel bans.  Just unilaterally declared them racist.  So, I don't care about any reasoning behind Biden's travel bans.  Biden banned travel from countries that have majority non white populations.  Therefore he is a racist.  Can't have it both ways. This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:17 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 7:51 AM MST

Europe. Is. White.  This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:23 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 3:10 PM MST

So, what if Europe is white.  We are not talking about Europe.  We are talking about Biden banning travel from South Africa and Brazil. They are not majority white.  Therefore, Biden's ban is racist.  This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:32 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 3:26 PM MST

Had Biden suspended travel from those countries and those alone, your argument just might hold water. He didn't so it doesn't. Try again.
      January 26, 2021 4:50 PM MST

Banning was not about 9/11. The ban was from 7 countries where the Obama administration determined that proper vetting was not possible.   Nothing to do with 9-11 or being a Mulsim majority country.  There are over 50 Mulsim majority countries and only 7 were banned. Because of vetting issues and being know hotbeds for terrorism. This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:24 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 8:17 AM MST

He issued the travel ban to 27 other countries as well, including European countries so how does that make him a racist?  This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 2:59 PM MST
      January 25, 2021 9:41 PM MST

Like leftists did when Trump banned travel from terrorist nations by calling hims a racist?  Sorry.  The left didn't care about the justifications for the bans.  So, I don't care what excuses Biden gives.  The fact that he is banning people from countries with majority nonwhte populations means that he is a racist, period.  What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:01 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 7:53 AM MST

So, Biden should let in all the people from predominantly Black countries and keep all the white people out? This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:04 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 8:31 AM MST

That was basically the stance the left side took when Trump tried to ban people from countries that posed a danger to us.  So, why should it be any different under Biden.  Again, this policy of his shows that he is racist. This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:06 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 8:53 AM MST

The whole story is Biden will reinstate coronavirus travel restrictions against foreign citizens coming to the U.S. from Brazil, the U.K, Ireland and much of Europe.  REPEAT:  NON-US CITIZENS.  American citizens will be allowed to return to the US.  So, where is the racism? This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:21 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 9:13 AM MST

Why didn't the leftists tell the whole story with Trump's travel bans?  Once again, they didn't care that the countries from which Trump banned travel were hotbeds of terrorism from which we could adequately vet the people.  No, leftist just declared the travel bans as racist and called Trump a racist.  So, Biden's bans must be racist, too. This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:09 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 10:07 AM MST

If Trump kept Muslims out of this country to keep it safe from terrorism, why is Biden's keeping non-US citizens out of the U.S. to keep them safe from Covid-19 any different?  At least Biden isn't keeping only Muslims out - he's keeping everyone out, so how does that make him racist? This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:10 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 12:53 PM MST

Ah, but Trump wasn't keeping even keeping Muslims out.  He was keeping out people from countries with active terrorist training camps and could not adequately vet the people traveling from them to the US.  How was THAT racist?

Also, about a year ago, Trump placed a ban on travel for China because of the spread of COVID-19 in that country.  Leftists declared that ban racists.

However, once again, leftists did not care about the reasoning behind the bans.  All they cared about was that these were bans placed on countries with dominantly none white populations.  Therefore, the declared the bans racist.  Therefore, Biden is a racist for banning travel from Brazil and South African. This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2021 3:13 PM MST
      January 26, 2021 2:08 PM MST