Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Not only did the two LEAD LAWYERS quit FOOTOO, did the entire 5-person defense team quit too. Know what I bet happens?

Not only did the two LEAD LAWYERS quit FOOTOO, did the entire 5-person defense team quit too. Know what I bet happens?

The Court will appoint someone from the ACLU to defend FOOTOO.

Everyone deserves a defense correct?

So don'tcha think being defended by the ACLU (betcha FOOTOO hates them too) would be very proper appropriate and the only defense FOOTOO will get?

Things are getting REEL REAL interesting now aren't they?

Either they QUIT or they FIRED.

What is about FOOTOO that no one sticks by him either at his request or theirs?

Not a good advertisement for anyone...especially a "president"...izzit?

Posted - January 31, 2021

Responses

Fired. 
    Lawyers should listen to their clients.  
      January 31, 2021 8:52 AM MST

"Mr. Trump had pushed for his defense team to focus on his baseless claim that the election was stolen from him, one person familiar with the situation said. A person close to Mr. Trump disputed that that was the case but acknowledged that there were differences in opinion about the defense strategy. However, Mr. Trump has insisted that the case is “simple” and has told advisers he could argue it himself and save the money on lawyers. (Aides contend he is not seriously contemplating doing so.)

The decision for Mr. Bowers to leave was “mutual,” another person familiar with the situation said, adding that Mr. Trump and Mr. Bowers had no chemistry, a quality the former president generally prizes in his relationships. Mr. Trump prefers lawyers who are eager to appear on television to say that he never did anything wrong; Mr. Bowers has been noticeably absent in the news media since his hiring was announced."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/30/us/politics/trump-butch-bowers-impeachment.html

In other words, Butch couldn't bring himself to say on the record that Trump did nothing wrong so Trump fired him.  

January 31, 2021 10:24 AM MST

That sounds like something Trump  would  do instead of having his lawyers prove he didn't start the riot he would have then try to prove he won the election. I hope he does represent himself and maybe his defence will be - your Honor I didn't start the riot it was Conel Mustard in the Conservatory with a candle stick that started the riot. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at January 31, 2021 9:50 PM MST
      January 31, 2021 11:09 AM MST

LOL ... know where I'd like to put that candlestick?  Heard on the news tonight he now has two new attorneys.  I hope they got really big retainers because the likelihood of them getting their fees is negligible.
      January 31, 2021 9:51 PM MST

Given that part of the impeachment articles alleges that President Trump's refusal to concede and continued claims of fraud are mentioned specifically then presenting the evidence is a valid defense to that section of the impeachment article. This post was edited by my2cents at February 1, 2021 5:40 AM MST
      January 31, 2021 12:19 PM MST

There is only one impeachment article - incitement to insurrection.
      January 31, 2021 9:46 PM MST

Yes one article and in that article they claim the refusal to concede for months as part of inciting an insurrection. 
      February 1, 2021 5:39 AM MST

Well, if that's the case, he's guilty.  He refused to concede for months and urged his mob to fight.  No trial needed - go straight to jail.
      February 1, 2021 6:39 AM MST

LoL.  No quite.  Just because they lie does make it truth. 
    Congress has no send to jail power.

So do we charge every politican who protests an election and refuses to concede? This post was edited by my2cents at February 1, 2021 7:09 AM MST
      February 1, 2021 7:08 AM MST

There is a point beyond which refusing to accept the results of an election becomes moot.  Trump and/or his allies have brought more than 60 lawsuits regarding the election results, virtually all of which have been dismissed for lack of evidence.  Trump's refusal to accept that he lost the election has gone way too far and you can see for yourself the results.  At some point, every loser concedes and Trump should have done so long before it turned into an insurrection.
      February 1, 2021 7:25 AM MST

So when is that time? And do we charge those politicans? This post was edited by my2cents at February 1, 2021 7:55 AM MST
      February 1, 2021 7:27 AM MST

When the vote is close or when you can prove election fraud, it is fair to refuse to concede, but at some point - in this case. long before 60 lawsuits - it's time to give up and accept that you lost.    
      February 1, 2021 7:39 AM MST

And what should the punishment be? 
      February 1, 2021 7:54 AM MST

Punishment for what?
      February 1, 2021 7:56 AM MST

The refusal to concede? Or it that just an impeachable crime for Trump? 
      February 1, 2021 8:14 AM MST

No punishment for refusing to concede, but punishment for causing an insurrection because of it.
      February 1, 2021 10:30 AM MST

So then it should not be included in the article of impeachment. 
      February 1, 2021 1:42 PM MST

I think I write pretty clearly, but you keep misunderstanding what I'm writing.  A person can refuse to concede without causing an insurrection.  Most politicians who have refused to concede initially have conceded when it has been shown that they actually did lose.  Trump lost - bigly - but is refusing to admit it and has worked some of his base into the frenzy that occurred on January 6.  Is that clear enough now?
      February 1, 2021 2:17 PM MST

Maybe they quite because Trump told them that if they didn't win the case he wouldn't pay them just like he isn't paying Rudy. Cheers!
      January 31, 2021 10:02 AM MST

At this stage anyone who takes on FOOTOO is a FOOL and deserves whatever he/she gets! Thank your for your reply Nanoose! :)
      January 31, 2021 10:14 AM MST