Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Religion is supposed to be LIVED 24/7 and NOT taken off and put on like a coat when convenient. Have you ever put your religion aside? Why?

Religion is supposed to be LIVED 24/7 and NOT taken off and put on like a coat when convenient. Have you ever put your religion aside? Why?

Posted - October 20, 2016

Responses

Hi rosie, I am by far perfect. My convictions and bible trained conscience are foremost in my life. However i would be lying if I acted as if i don't fail at least several times a day, as hard as I try.
      October 21, 2016 12:35 AM MDT

You don't need to be a perfect human  being to live your religious beliefs 24/7 Autumn. You just have to be kind, honest and loving. You have to be always true to whom you are. If you can't be that then you can't be true to anyone or anything. You would never justify/set aside/ignore/defend a person like Trump JUST THIS ONE TIME. You wouldn't . You would not support his racist bigoted misogynistic hateful views. Now that is pretty nervy of me telling you what you would do but we've been chatting for years my friend and I KNOW YOU enough to be able to say that in complete confidence that it is true. Those who can put aside their faith and religious beliefs so easily can also put 

God aside. What true believer could ever do that? These so-called religious folks say it is because SCOTUS choices are so critical to the health of our nation. That is why they can forgive Trump for being the despicable person he is.  That is a pathetic pitiful and ridiculous excuse that I do not buy. You don't set aside whom you are for any reason. Thank you  for your reply and Happy Friday! :)

October 21, 2016 2:54 AM MDT

Ok, you make a good point.  Have a great Saturday! 
      October 22, 2016 12:58 AM MDT

Thanks Autumn! Hope you have a great Saturday too! We got our ballots in the mail yesterday. Jim and I vote by mail. Now we wait and hope and pray. :)
      October 22, 2016 2:32 AM MDT

Ok, you make a good point.  Have a great Saturday! 
      October 22, 2016 12:58 AM MDT

thats true
      October 22, 2016 9:45 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Tuesday! :)
      December 27, 2016 5:38 AM MST

Since I became a Christian I have never put my faith aside.
      December 26, 2016 11:20 AM MST

I simply don't see how it is possible to do that Sister C. Put your beliefs/faith aside. For any reason. Something is very wrong with those who can do so in my opinion. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      December 27, 2016 5:40 AM MST