Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some are very slow to choose/decide. Others are very quick at it. Does that have to do with intellect? Is fast always smarter than slow?

Some are very slow to choose/decide. Others are very quick at it. Does that have to do with intellect? Is fast always smarter than slow?

Posted - February 3, 2021

Responses

Fast thinking shows good leadership capability but fast and smart shows superior leadership capability.

Slow thinkers are the kind who might tend to weigh in every little detail to make a more complete overall decision.
      February 3, 2021 8:03 AM MST

I've read that some authors write and then rewrite and then rewrite and then rewrite. I just write and let her rip. I mean going over the same thing lots of times to get it just PERFECT? By then I'd be bored out of my gourd. On the other hand an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I guess there is a happy medium in there somewhere. Thank you for your reply Kg ! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 7, 2021 12:14 PM MST
      February 7, 2021 12:13 PM MST

Perhaps slow thinkers are seeing the situation from more angles ("what if", or, "if then").  Or maybe it just takes things longer to "click".  

Neither is good or bad, smarter or dumber.  Sometimes fast thinkers miss things, sometimes slow thinkers overthink things (get bogged down).

February 3, 2021 2:16 PM MST

I think fast and decide fast. Jim doesn't. I tell folks "if you want it done fast I'm your girl. If you want it done right Jim's your guy." I KNOW that to be true but when you think/decide fast you can't not. Just as when you think and decide slow you just can't rush it. We are what we are. I think since we have no choice it's okay as long as we recognize whom and what we are. The problems lie in those who don't have a clue like FOOTOO don't! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      February 7, 2021 6:31 AM MST

I think fast then decide slow (its got to be "perfect")
      February 7, 2021 11:14 AM MST

I don't understand or comprehend how you can do that Shuhak. Put the brakes on deciding. I think I put pressure on myself to DECIDE ALREADY. I never really thought about it. Perhaps I should. Thank you for your reply. Oh it's the perfection thingy at play here right? I'm not weighted down by that albatross. Maybe it would have been better if I were but I'm not! Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 7, 2021 11:20 AM MST
      February 7, 2021 11:17 AM MST

I've always been this way.  My mom says that even as a baby I as very "cautious".  While my siblings started walking wham bang, I took my time and tested everything - which portion of the sofa will best support my weight, is the path I will take smooth but not too smooth, is my destination stable (It wasnt that I walked late (I actually walked early), rather that it had to be so-so (perfect?) before I'd do it.)
      February 7, 2021 11:28 AM MST

I don't know if this is true bit my mom told me I started walking at 6 months. I'd try to prop myself up on some furniture she says like sofa. I'd pull myself up and then start walking holding on to the sofa edge. Of course I have no memory of that. She said I was very precocious early on. I got bowed legs from walking too early and she thought I'd never have straight legs but they straightened out. I think I've always been more anxious to do than to think about the doing. Sometimes it works against me. Maybe more often than sometimes. But that's how I'm wired. I get very antsy waiting on me to do or decide or act or say or remain quiet. The best way to shut me up is to just go ahead and whatever the consequences accept them and don't bit** about it. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 7, 2021 11:34 AM MST