Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How do you ever live down 31-9? Some things/people just get better with age. Tom Brady, 43, won his 7th Superbowl! Amazed?!

How do you ever live down 31-9? Some things/people just get better with age. Tom Brady, 43, won his 7th Superbowl! Amazed?!

Posted - February 8, 2021

Responses

The Chiefs just fell apart last night, but it’s not the worst Super Bowl loss in history.  They’ll probably live it down and do well next season.

The Denver Broncos know the most about getting blown out in Super Bowls.  They hold the record for losing 55 to 10 to the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XXIV.  In fact, the Broncos hold three of the five top spots for biggest Super Bowl losses.

The largest margin of victory in an NFL championship game was in 1940.  The Chicago Bears beat the Washington Redskins 73 - 0, but I’m pretty sure most people have forgotten about that.  The Washington Football Team has lived that down by now.

This post was edited by Livvie at February 25, 2021 5:42 PM MST
      February 8, 2021 11:00 AM MST

Thank you for such an informative reply Liv. I really appreciate it. My son used to play Little League baseball and when/if his team beat the heck out of the opposition I felt really bad. I don't like routs even when the team I want to win does the routing. It must be very humiliating for the team and I just feel really bad for them. Winning is way cool fun but routing? I find anything amusing about it. Sigh. Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      February 9, 2021 1:58 AM MST

How do you live it down? You practice and you play harder next year.  They are not done. They had a crappy night. 
      February 9, 2021 2:55 AM MST