SpunkySenior
antibiotic
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » How does a Congress Woman write a bill about an incident BEFORE it happened?

How does a Congress Woman write a bill about an incident BEFORE it happened?

Rep Cori Bush writes a bill to remove all those who challenged the election because of the Capitol riot.  She tweeted it on Jan 6th 3:00 pm.  
https://mobile.twitter.com/RepCori/status/1346926083350794240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1346926083350794240%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fhomenews%2Fhouse%2F532990-cori-bush-introduces-legislation-to-sanction-remove-all-house-members-who
 It is dated JAN 5th.

I believe the Republican members of Congress who have incited this domestic terror attack through their attempts to overturn the election must face consequences. They have broken their sacred Oath of Office. I will be introducing a resolution calling for their expulsion.

Yes, I think we do need that investigation Nancy was talking about. 

Posted - February 17

• 531
    How come you just can't let things go???
      February 17, 2021 4:27 PM MST
    1

• 25711
    She is introducing a bill to punish any Congress person who challenged the election results.  That is not me. That is the Dem from St Louis not letting it go. 

Nancy is the one wanting a 911 style investigation.   
    Kind of hard to let it go when they are still attacking. 
      February 17, 2021 6:35 PM MST
    1

• 42208
    In the context you’ve used it here, “congresswoman” is not only one word as opposed to two separate words, it’s also lowercase.

February 17, 2021 6:59 PM MST
    0

• 82
    My guess is the discussion draft is dated Jan 5th because she had planned to introduce the resolution anyway and then used the events of Jan 6th as an opportunity to sell it. The discussion draft makes no mention of anything but trying to expel "members of the house who have sought to overturn the 2020 election," an effort which was underway prior to the capitol riot, but in her tweet she tried to connect the two by suggesting that their attempts to overturn the election incited the riot. 
      February 18, 2021 12:10 AM MST
    0