Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What is the most difficult thing you ever had to try to find, eg black cat in a coal mine; a white rabbit in a snowstorm.. etc?

What is the most difficult thing you ever had to try to find, eg black cat in a coal mine; a white rabbit in a snowstorm.. etc?

Posted - February 18, 2021

Responses

People who would help the starving Elephants in Thailand that used to be abused, now they are starving as well. Animals in Thailand at the Zoo that no longer has visitors due to covid who are also starving and begging for food.  They can't escape and no one is going to any of these animals rescue.  This post was edited by . at February 18, 2021 12:41 PM MST
      February 18, 2021 6:12 AM MST

When I was a young sailor, they sent me to find some relative bearing grease and 50' of chow-line.
      February 18, 2021 7:43 AM MST

In the Marine Corps, it was 100 feet of flight line, a bucket of frequency grease, or a left-handed trigger.
    ~

February 18, 2021 7:46 AM MST

I had to laugh at 'left-handed trigger'.
      February 18, 2021 7:50 AM MST

My keys in a foot of snow.  My key ring broke and my keys fell as I walked from my car up a hill to my friend's house to pick up one of my girls who had spent the night there.  With my daughter and her friend and her parents helping I found all six of them but it was a miracle.  There was no real mark where each key went into the snow I guess because it was snowing at a good pace during the whole event.  I didn't pull up to their house because of the driveway's steep incline.  I will not ever forget this. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at February 19, 2021 11:31 AM MST
      February 18, 2021 5:04 PM MST