Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Two kinds of cooks. FROM SCRATCH and box. The box cook just adds eggs and liquid and mixes and bakes or whatever. From scratch?

Two kinds of cooks. FROM SCRATCH and box. The box cook just adds eggs and liquid and mixes and bakes or whatever. From scratch?

Gathers all the ingredients and puts them together in order according to a detailed recipe.

Now I know time is "of the essence". Many just have time to buy fast food and don't even "box" it.

So are the box bakers lazy or just overburdened with things to do and that's all they have time for?

Are the FROM SCRATCH more interested in cooking healthy and want to control the amount of salt or sugar or fat and want NO PRESERVATIVES or do they just have a lot of time to fill up with doing and so they do?

Posted - February 19, 2021

Responses

We all do things that make our lifes easier. Be it box/mix. 
    Or buying flour. 
    Using a microwave, or a electric/gas stove opposed to a fire stove. 
    Using dry pasta as opposed to freshly made pasta. 

True from scratch cook is milling their own grain. And likely think those buying pre-ground flour, cornmeal, oatmeal etc are just lazy.

I know one lady who does grind her own flour etc.  The food is good...texture is extremely different.   But she is the only truly from scratch cook I know. This post was edited by my2cents at February 19, 2021 11:50 AM MST
      February 19, 2021 7:44 AM MST

Thanks for the question idea.
      February 19, 2021 11:50 AM MST