Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Republicans in 33 states create 165 (ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-FIVE) bills to RESTRICT VOTING". What d'ya think for?

"Republicans in 33 states create 165 (ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-FIVE) bills to RESTRICT VOTING". What d'ya think for?

Posted - February 20, 2021

Responses

I think Republicans know that if they didn't screw around with districting and make it all but impossible for people in certain areas to vote, they would never win an election.
      February 20, 2021 10:09 AM MST

They KNOW they will never win without cheating which is why they are ALL ON BOARD with it. Except for the few with integrity dignity and honor. They showed up bigtime in every state. Saved our Democracy! They will pay a price but they put country above politicial party! God bless them! Thank you for your reply L! :) Are you upset with what's going on vis a vis Cuomo and the nursing home scandal?
      February 20, 2021 10:18 AM MST

I am upset about the nursing home scandal.  However, in all fairness, there was absolutely no direction from the federal government regarding what to do.  I do not believe that Cuomo would have done what he did deliberately.  I believe at the time, our hospitals were being overwhelmed and none of the field hospitals had yet been set up, so he made a decision, albeit a bad one, he thought was the best in a bad situation.  I don't believe at that time anyone knew how contagious it was.  If he lied about the number of people who died in those nursing homes, he should be taken to task for it.  
      February 20, 2021 5:54 PM MST

Honestly honey I don't quite understand what he did. I read the account several times and it seemed to me it was simply a matter of deciding how he should report it. It was kinda shocking because during all of this Covid stuff he was the remarkably consistent reporter every day on schedule giving us what was going on from his perspective. Now if he fudged a bit or enhanced a bit or downplayed a bit maybe we all do that on occasion. I don't think I'm looking at it that way just because he is a Democrat. I expect it's because I simply don't understand it. SIGH. You know Gilda Radner's "If it's not one thing it's another" quote? It seems to be coming at us every day in some way these days. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Sunday. Oh. What would it matter if someone died in a nursing home or died in the hospital? I don't mean to be so dense but I really don't see what the issue is!  I'm going to ask. What could it hurt? :) ((hugs)) This post was edited by RosieG at February 21, 2021 7:34 AM MST
      February 21, 2021 7:17 AM MST

I think the biggest issue is that Covid patients were sent to nursing homes where the virus was contagious among the most vulnerable.  Perhaps many of those nursing home patients wouldn't have died had Covid patients not been sent there.
      February 21, 2021 7:36 AM MST

Oh. Oh my goodness. Oh gosh. That does put another light on it completely L. Thank you for enlightening me. That is very heavy and sad. Either I didn't know that or if I did I did not realize the significance of it. Wow. Sad. Do you know anyone who was in a nursing home who died? :(
      February 21, 2021 7:45 AM MST

I don't know anyone in a nursing home, nor do I know of anyone that has died from Covid.  I thank the universe every day that my parents, both of whom were in a nursing home for several years before they died, are not around to see this.  Of course, both had dementia, so they probably wouldn't have understood anyway.  
      February 21, 2021 10:11 AM MST

My dad passed away at age 54 from a heart attack but my mom lived to her mid-90's and had dementia. Sad they're gone but glad they did not ever have to see this. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 21, 2021 12:00 PM MST

Sorry you lost your father at such an early age.  
      February 21, 2021 1:00 PM MST

My sister was heartbroken. That night then-husband and I and mom and my sister slept over at my grandparents who lived two blocks away with my aunt and uncle. We bedded down in sleeping bags, on the sofa, chairs. All in the living room. At night my sister was dreaming and she kept repeating "WHO WILL WALK ME DOWN THE AISLE?" I still remember that. She was 14 I think. It's really hard to lose people you love but we all do. It's just part of the deal. Birth life death. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 22, 2021 2:14 AM MST

Yes, death is part of the deal, but somehow it isn't as devastating when the person is old and has lived a full life.  It's harder to lose someone when you're that young and you expect to have so many more years with them.
      February 22, 2021 6:31 AM MST

Very true. It is never "welcome" at any age though if the person who has passed on was in terrible pain with no hope of ever getting better it can be a blessing of sorts. We hope they are in a "better" place. Thank you for your reply L ! :)
      February 22, 2021 7:14 AM MST

During Trump's second impeachment trial Republicans were saying it was a waste of time and they could be doing more important things like working on the coronavirus relief checks but it seems like what they were more interested in doing was find ways to get their power back. Cheers!
      February 21, 2021 8:17 AM MST

I think President Biden is going to have to do an END RUN around the republicans to get that relief package through. I think all those FOOTOO crackpots are psychotic. I really do. They don't live in the real world but a world created by their own delusions prompted by the delusions of FOOTOO. That's why no one can reach them. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      February 21, 2021 12:03 PM MST

165 bills to ensure our election's integrity. 

About time....they should have been standing up last year. 
      February 21, 2021 1:38 PM MST