Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How important is peaceful quiet calm to you? Does it sound very boring and dull or quite appealing?

How important is peaceful quiet calm to you? Does it sound very boring and dull or quite appealing?

Some lives are filled with DRAMA. I don't know if it's sought or just occurs.

There are the drama creators and the drama enjoyers and the drama dislikers. See yourself in there anywhere?

Posted - February 20, 2021

Responses

How important is peaceful quiet calm to me? Very important. I live alone so peaceful quiet calm is a daily occurrence for me. Even when things seem bleak in the world I remember a verse in Psalm 46...

Psalm 46:10  "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

This verse comes from a longer section of Scripture that proclaims the power and security of God. 
      February 20, 2021 5:10 AM MST

I live alone. so I have every opportunity to have peace and quiet in my home other than external noise which I can't control.  It is very important to me to have time without anyone interrupting my thoughts or needing my attention.  
      February 20, 2021 10:04 AM MST

Ditto. Which is why my relationship with Jim has lasted longer than all my other relationships combined! I can be alone in the same room with him. He does not require my attention. A WONDROUS thing after having years of being EXPECTED to be always available! But we are both SCORPIOS! Independent! We are always together but never JOINED AT THE HIP. Luck or Fate?  I have no idea!  Thank you for your reply L. I used to wish for being alone at times in other relationships. I never wish that with Jim. Amazing. L(
      February 20, 2021 10:49 AM MST

I had a relationship like that once.  It, too, lasted long than any of my others.  It was very comfortable.
      February 20, 2021 5:50 PM MST

It is very comfy. We laugh every day. I never have to worry about what we eat or what I'm wearing or my appearance. He accepts me exactly as I am and dif he has a problem with it I'm unaware. Now that doesn't me we never disagree. We do. But not very often and it's never anything REALLY SERIOUS. Lucky that. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 21, 2021 7:31 AM MST

Exactly!  Happy Sunday. :)
      February 21, 2021 7:33 AM MST

Thank you and Happy Sunday right backatcha! :)
      February 21, 2021 7:49 AM MST

The sun is shining here, but it's still pretty cold - 31 degrees, but it isn't snowing, so I'll take it.  
      February 21, 2021 10:09 AM MST

Today's high is projected to be 71. Then 77, 78, 76, 73, 76, 69, 66. Every morning I look up the 8-day forecast and write it down and then show it to Jim. Then we compare what the actual temps were. It's just a fun thing we like to do! At least you didn't lose power. What has occurred in Texas is an unbelievable nightmare and knowing that it need not have happened had they done what they KNEW thye should do? I wouldn't want to be any of them. They will be sued out of existence for this malfeasance and callous disregard of human life. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 21, 2021 12:07 PM MST

I have only experienced loss of power here in NY maybe five times in my life.  Twice when the entire eastern seaboard went out back in the 60s and 70s, once when a transformer on my block exploded (no one hurt) and two smaller outages after that.  We are pretty lucky.

On Face the Nation this morning, the Mayors of Houston and Forth Worth both said that they knew their grid was in trouble back in 2011.  The Fort Worth Mayor said that Texas was in a down-economy at that time and didn't want to spend the money to upgrade their grid.  Well, penny wise and pound foolish came true and this was the result.  Let's see if they learn anything from this event.
      February 21, 2021 12:59 PM MST

It happened in 1989 too. Is the third time the "charm"? We'll see. I'm glad your loss of power has been relatively small for such a big place where so much depends on power. I think how things affect them economically means more than human life. An inhuman thing from a human I think. I'll ask. Thank you for your helpfully informative reply L! :)
      February 22, 2021 2:18 AM MST