Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I don't see where the problem is do you? what difference does it make if someone died of COVID in the hospital or a nursing home?

I don't see where the problem is do you? what difference does it make if someone died of COVID in the hospital or a nursing home?

Say someone started off in one place and ended up in the other or switched back and forth several times. Does the environment of the death really mean that much? What am I missing?

Say people start off living in a nursing home. They are transferred to a hospital for care and then transferred back to the nursing home where they die. Or the opposite happens. Why does it matter?

Posted - February 21, 2021

Responses

It matters in evaluating where the person contracted the disease. 
    If the nursing home/hospital was protecting their residents/patients from germs etc by following rules for fighting disease.
      February 21, 2021 9:43 AM MST

Many people in hospitals and nursing homes have died of Covid-19. And yes, everyone dies at some point. That said, yes it does matter where one dies. Especially when nursing homes that do not have any Covid-19 cases are forced to take in patients that do have Covid-19. Hence, the nursing homes became slaughterhouses. That does matter! How would you feel if you were in a nursing home and knew that Covid-19 infected people were on their way there and there was no way to protect yourself?

The Justice Department is seeking data from states that required admission of COVID-19 patients to nursing homes. The states that are under investigation are New Jersey, Massachusetts, New York, Michigan (my state), Pennsylvania, and California. I'm sure there are even more states than those listed. What on earth were these governors thinking when they forced those Covid-19 infected people on nursing homes?

Obviously, they weren't thinking. Or, they were thinking and didn't realize what the consequences would be or they knew what the consequences would be but didn't care what happened to the elderly or anyone else for that matter. Does life have so little meaning to some people that they can and will do anything to save their own jobs and reputations? Placing Covid-19 infected patients in a nursing home facility is an abominable thing to do.
      February 21, 2021 10:25 AM MST