Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you dabble in the occult?

Do you dabble in the occult?

#dabbling

Posted - October 21, 2016

Responses

Not seriously;  I wouldn't know how to.
     Funny though when I made a small purchase at a Chinese grocery store one time and my change came to $7.77. Lady said "lucky number-buy lottery ticket ". So I did with result 3 of my numbers drawn for prize of $10.00.
      October 21, 2016 10:28 AM MDT

Nah, not a dabbler.
      October 21, 2016 11:14 AM MDT

Not at all.
      October 21, 2016 2:45 PM MDT

No, dabbling in the occult is highly dangerous. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12, 14) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at October 21, 2016 4:10 PM MDT
      October 21, 2016 4:02 PM MDT

• Look.. Just because I  made that poppet and left it on your doorstep doesn't mean anything.  Just carry on as normal....... Brahahahaaa. 
      October 21, 2016 4:35 PM MDT

• "No poppet. No poppet. You're the poppet."
      October 21, 2016 5:28 PM MDT

• Move along folks.....Nothing to see here.....Just me and my poppet having a little fun.........
      October 21, 2016 6:18 PM MDT

• Ha, Good one!
      October 28, 2016 10:42 PM MDT

• As a kid I made wax voodoo dolls of my father.
      October 21, 2016 7:35 PM MDT

no, never done that and dont want to
      October 22, 2016 7:28 PM MDT

I absolutely do not dabble in the occult. It's dangerous because dabbling in the occult can lead you into a realm that can cause you more grief, heartache, fear, and terror than you could imagine. It's a place you don't want to go. 
      October 28, 2016 9:59 PM MDT

Occult means HIDDEN.  That is all.  Nothing evil or scary.  It is the study of energy that is considered too esoteric to be explained and examined logically to show it's merit.

I dabble and I delve and I pray and I do all kinds of things with and to the Unseen.  I am quite healthy.   No need to be scared.    If you don't want anything to do with the Occult, you don't know what it means because you need to experience it to see anything relating to God.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 28, 2016 10:06 PM MDT
      October 28, 2016 10:03 PM MDT

Sharonna, your explanation of what the word occult means is only partially correct which is what many people do to justify their beliefs and practices.

adjective
    of or relating to magic, astrology, or any system claiming use or knowledge of secret or supernatural powers or agencies.
    beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding; mysterious.
    secret; disclosed or communicated only to the initiated.
    hidden from view.
    5. not apparent on mere inspection but discoverable by experimentation.
    1. of a nature not understood, as physical qualities.
    2. dealing with such qualities; experimental:
      occult science.

noun
    the supernatural or supernatural agencies and affairs considered as a whole (usually preceded by the).
    occult studies or sciences (usually preceded by the).   (Dictionary.com)

Astrology, magic, etc, is hated and condemned by Almighty Creator God and for good reason. Perhaps you should read what Scripture has to say about astrology, magic, the occult, before you dabble too deeply. Being healthy physically and mentally is not an end all indicator of the supposed benign nature of the occult. Which is how you view it.

November 23, 2016 3:18 PM MST

Hi Ruf, I don't know what hoity-toity mood I was in that day, but right you are.  There are many ways to define the hidden.  That is the way I learned that seems to garner the greatest respect from those in the know.  Them witches.
      November 23, 2016 3:27 PM MST

Story I read from Quora not long ago...

A guy (Peter ) went with a team of archeologists to make a base camp at a village in Africa for them to proceed on some expiditions. A village man for reasons unknown took a serious dislike to Peter then Peter began to develop boils and a feeling of being unwell but he set out with the team on its first expedition anyway. After some time his boils suddenly began to heal and he was feeling better. When they returned to the village he learned that his 'enemy' had been killed in a vehicle accident. Peter was friends with a cousin of the man who told him when they were cleaning out his room they found some kinds of black magic/witchcraft materials. 
    Maybe that means when your intent is to harm someone can backfire and turn around and harm you.
    Strange stuff.
      November 23, 2016 10:02 PM MST

• It is also possible, and much more likely, that Peter contracted an illness in a foreign environment.  The symptoms and  their effects healed over time.  His enemy's demise is happenstance.  That the now dead man had dubious books in his home is not relevant to his death.   Then again this story could be just that, a story.
      November 24, 2016 9:09 AM MST

Well could be. Karma? If one wishes  harm to someone for whatever reason maybe the harm comes to the wisher....
      November 24, 2016 9:32 AM MST