Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What was your worst incident ever of you mistaking one person for another? ~

What was your worst incident ever of you mistaking one person for another? ~

Companion question: https://answermug.com/forums/topic/124529/what-was-the-worst-incident-you-ever-had-of-someone-mistaking-yo/view/post_id/875253

~

Posted - February 25, 2021

Responses

It was a man/woman mix-up.

I was working at a golf driving range and an older person approached the counter and I said "May I help you ma'am?" (He had man boobs.) I got a nasty look and similar remarks. He got an apology and a free bucket of balls.
      February 25, 2021 9:26 AM MST

Wait, how did you suppose that giving him your balls in a bucket should alleviate the situation?

NOTE TO SELF: steer waaaaaaaay clear of that particular golf course. 

~

February 25, 2021 11:17 AM MST

LOL
      February 25, 2021 12:46 PM MST

I thought a random student I met while in between classes was a friend I know, but in disguise. I had to see the person several times before I realized I was mistaken. 
      February 25, 2021 12:46 PM MST

so one day when my husband and I were still dating we had a disagreement about something (I don’t even remember what it was about) and he was pretty mad at me and got on to the street car with out waiting for me. I didn’t know how to ride the street car or pay my fare so it took me a bit longer and I was fuming because he left me there

so when I got on the streetcar I was looking for him and saw him sitting down so I went over and grabbed his shoulder and I was like “are you f*cking kidding me what the f*ck is wrong with you” and it was actually a complete stranger I was harassing that just had an uncanny resemblance. They were even wearing the same polo shirt 

so yeah I wanted to die 
      February 25, 2021 7:37 PM MST