Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What’s one example of you being vain, either currently in your life or at any previous occasion? ~

What’s one example of you being vain, either currently in your life or at any previous occasion? ~

vain
adjective, vain·er, vain·est.

1. excessively proud of or concerned about one's own appearance, qualities, achievements, etc.; conceited: a vain dandy.
proceeding from or showing pride in or concern about one's appearance, qualities, etc.; resulting from or displaying vanity.
  He made some vain remarks about his accomplishments.
3. ineffectual or unsuccessful; futile: vain hopes; a vain effort; a vain war.
without real significance, value, or importance; baseless or worthless: vain pageantry; vain display.

Archaicsenseless or foolish.

Posted - February 26, 2021

Responses

I turned 21 shortly after i joined the Navy and back then you had to be 21 to get a loan from the bank or credit union so younger guys would ask me to co-sign for them to get a small loan ($100 - $150). Our local Dockyard Credit Union required all borrowers to make a pay allotment to qualify for a loan so it seemed quite safe for me to co-sign for anyone. I charged 10 bucks to do co-signing and i started bragging about my  'million dollar signature'.
    The Credit Union finally told me it should stop doing that because i could become liable for thousands of dollars. This post was edited by Kittigate at February 26, 2021 10:42 AM MST
      February 26, 2021 6:06 AM MST

Vanity is a fault...I don't have any faults.
      February 26, 2021 10:42 AM MST

Hey, wait a second . . .

~

February 26, 2021 6:28 PM MST

The first time I put on my Dress Blues, maybe it was the sin of Pride.

February 26, 2021 3:10 PM MST