Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever hear of ROUNDUP? It's a glyphosate weed killer that is used by farmers and is carcinogenic. Do YOU eat organic foods?

Ever hear of ROUNDUP? It's a glyphosate weed killer that is used by farmers and is carcinogenic. Do YOU eat organic foods?

I think they are fighting a bazillion lawsuits from folks who say they got non-Hodgkins lymphoma from ingesting it.

A bazillion lawsuits and yet farmers are still using it to spray on crops and so a bazillion foods you buy at the market include the weed killer. Everything from soup to nuts. Things you eat because you think they are superhealthy.

Why they are dragging their heels to 100% ban its use in the United States probably has a lot tro do with money. Contributions to politicians. Money talks. Money controls. Money is revered. Money is what you can never enough of no matter how much you have. You want more.

So considering the politics involved do you think it will ever be completely 100% BANNED for use in the United States?

What Capitalistic country is gonna ban making money? Don't be funny. Ain't gonna happen never no time no way no how.

EAT ORGANIC as much as you can afford to do. Lose weight by eating fewer things but making sure they won't make you sick.

Food for thought? Yep.

Posted - February 26, 2021

Responses

Yes, I do eat organic food. Usually fruits and vegetables. The ones that aren't organic I wash first anyhow. Saltwater or vinegar saltwater works well at removing pesticides. I don't get into the politics of the matter because frankly almost everything today is political. I'll just eat organic or wash the food first before I eat it. I've been doing that for years and so far it's worked well for me. :)
      February 26, 2021 9:04 AM MST

I grew my own vegetables last year and they were delicious, and as Rusureamisure says you can use salt to kill weeds, I'm using salt on ivy at the moment.
      February 26, 2021 12:50 PM MST

The farmers who use Roundup to kill bugs is the problem. It gets into the soil and into the food and into our bodies doing us no good and possible harm. Your own vegetable garden kj? That is awesome. We have a frien whose goal it has been to grow 70% of his food and I think he's there. He has a lot of land so he has vegetable gardens and fruit trees. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      February 27, 2021 2:03 AM MST

Yes it does Rosie, but one of the most harmful things to humans at the moment is antibiotic resistant superbugs because of all the antibiotics we ply factory farmed animals with. 35,000 people in the US die of this a year.  I hope you and yours are well Rosie, Happy Sunday. This post was edited by kjames at February 28, 2021 7:33 AM MST
      February 28, 2021 5:58 AM MST

So far so good m'dear. Hope the same is true for you and yours as well! I guess we are shooting ourselves in the feet aren't we? Antibiotic-resistant superbugs. Supersmart or just the way the dna or genes are put together? Gadzooks and good grief! As Gilda Radner said..."If it's not one thing it's another"! Tell us about it right!? Thank you for your reply m'dear and Happy Sunday! :)
      February 28, 2021 7:35 AM MST

Roundup, and quite a number of other pesticides, have been banned in some countries due to their health or environmental hazards.
      March 3, 2021 3:28 PM MST