Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Texus gubnurr babble ends mask mandate and opens up the state 100%! RUSSIAN ROULETTE with bullets in every chamber?

Texus gubnurr babble ends mask mandate and opens up the state 100%! RUSSIAN ROULETTE with bullets in every chamber?

Posted - March 2, 2021

Responses

You may disagree with what Texas is doing but obviously, not everyone holds the same view. Instead of people and the media having a knee-jerk reaction and shoving a knife into the guy, perhaps people should read about how the governor is going about it. Getting the whole picture is always best. This article may help people to understand how and why he's doing it.

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-lifts-mask-mandate-opens-texas-100-percent

I realize that there are some people that would love to see this country in indefinite or permanent lockdown and to heck with everybody but I'm thinking that they simply can't comprehend the negative consequences of such an action. If they can comprehend it perhaps then they just don't care. As always, this is just my opinion.

March 2, 2021 3:48 PM MST

I give it about 3 weeks and they, like so many other countries around the world, wil be saying, "we may have made a mistake by opening up too soon".

I understand; people are sick of this covid crap.  I know I am.   I too hate wearing a mask.  I find then a bit claustrophobic.  Even seeing other people wearing them gets me anxious.  I know all the lockdowns are killing off many businesses.  Why, restaurants and tourism are a major portion of this areas income.  They shut down our main street just to accommodate the restaurants.  Yet, for some reason, the thought of sitting outside in the cold next to an outdoor propane heater isn't attracting many tourists.  There's a very good chance that over 40% of businesses in this area are gone for good because of all the covid restrictions.  Yet, even the people who operated these businesses are questioning whether Texas's decision to open up and go maskless is wise.  They, like many Americans, would rather hold off on going "100% back to normal" until at least more people can be inoculated.  what Texas doesn't seem to understand is that they are not just playing with the lives of Texans, they're playing with the lives of the entire country.  They say yes, we say no, but they win and we all could lose.
      March 3, 2021 10:46 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak. Didja hear Mississippi is copycatting? Gonna go maskless and open up wide. I expect every red state will do likewise. They know FOOTOO is watching. With the variants in California already plus evidence of that south african more dangerous strain AND Covid mutating every second it seems it does not bode well for us. But you can't tell them what to do to save their lives or ours. How dare you? Who do you think you are telling them how to live their lives? We heard before gonna hear it again even as some of them lay dying soon due to their voracious appetite for freedom! Sigh. :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 3, 2021 11:31 AM MST
      March 3, 2021 11:24 AM MST

I know I just heard. We are headed there this weekend. I will feel so free.  :)
      March 3, 2021 11:02 AM MST

:) :). I've been to Texas and I like it there. :)
      March 4, 2021 1:28 PM MST

People are really nice as well.
      March 4, 2021 1:51 PM MST

Yes, they sure are. :)
      March 4, 2021 1:55 PM MST