Active Now

Slartibartfast
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Think of the worst road trip you’ve ever experienced, what was it about it that you detested the most? ~

Think of the worst road trip you’ve ever experienced, what was it about it that you detested the most? ~

Posted - March 10, 2021

Responses

A trip to Maine a couple of years ago with my wife. My sister and her husband went also in a separate car. I won't go into the whole story, but they were bossy, rude and insulting to us. They basically ruined the entire trip.
      March 10, 2021 10:46 AM MST

My sister, brother-in-law and my niece's fiance, drove down to Virginia to attend my niece's college graduation.  On the way back to Pennsylvania, we drove right into a raging blizzard - white-out conditions.  I wanted my brother-in-law to stop at a motel so we could wait out the storm, but he insisted on driving home, white-knuckled all the way.  We couldn't see a foot in front of us and could only travel about 5 mph.  At one point, I kept hearing a funny noise in one of the rear tires and we pulled over praying it wasn't a flat tire.  Turned out that there was so much ice under the wheel, so my niece's fiance found something to loosen it and we were back on our way.  Took us five hours to get home.  

That horror of a trip was second only to an unexpected Christmas snowstorm when I was driving back home from my sister's house on Long Island - with both my elderly parents and my sister's half deaf mother-in-law.  All I could think of was "Just shoot me now."
      March 10, 2021 3:23 PM MST