Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Thanks to an Answermug friend here's something for you to chew on, think upon. You've heard that "God made man in HIS own image" right?

Thanks to an Answermug friend here's something for you to chew on, think upon. You've heard that "God made man in HIS own image" right?

The Answermugger brings up God's SPIRIT. But that is substance/content not packaging.

If GOD made man in his own spirit there would be no hate or war would there? If the SPIRIT of GOD were within all of us the world would be a peaceful place. But it isn't. It is only HIS IMAGE not his spirit.

At least that's my understanding. What's yours?

Posted - March 12, 2021

Responses

Satan was an angel once upon a time. It's called free will. One can choose to turn away.
      March 12, 2021 3:18 AM MST

Of course. Take it down a level. What assurance do you have that the choice you made was your own and free and not something preprogrammed in you? I'm just saynn'. Thank you for your reply R and Happy Friday/Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      March 12, 2021 5:28 AM MST

I guess in a way you could think of a spirit as substance or content and not packaging.

Now, God didn’t make us to be Him; rather we were created in His image.  God didn’t make us robots; something that was only able to act out a given set of instructions (Such as, all painters are only able to paint flowers).  Instead, He made us free thinking individuals; individuals able to form their own unique thoughts, ideas and opinions.  So, for example, we can paint either flowers or skyscrapers (or anything else).  It’s our choice.

So if, as you say, a spirit is substance, that would make the outside body packaging.  That would make us a two-fold being – an outside body and an inside spirit.  Our spirit animates the outside body while it's inside of it, but once it leaves, the body is dead.  Substance and packaging.  Of course, while we may be a spirit (as God is), we are still those free thinking individuals.  Therefore, while God may be peaceful and loving, we don’t have to be.  We have the ability to be that way (image), but it’s our choice as to whether we are or not.  

March 12, 2021 2:51 PM MST