Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A "father" gets 212 years for a scheme that killed his autistic sons for life insurance. Why didn't they fry the son of a bit**?

A "father" gets 212 years for a scheme that killed his autistic sons for life insurance. Why didn't they fry the son of a bit**?

Posted - March 12, 2021

Responses

Probably a state that does not have the death penalty. 
    Would not matter if it was a federal charge as I am certain Biden has stopped Federal executions again. 
      March 12, 2021 5:54 AM MST

Because we're a country of bleeding hearts.
      March 12, 2021 12:21 PM MST

For a monstrous sap? That is seriously evil. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. I'm a fan of "an eye for an eye". I know. Not very Christian is it? Well I'm not a perfect anything. The law of Hammurabi was it? You steal you get your hand chopped off. What are the odds you will steal again knowing your other hand will be chopped off? Harsh. Severe. Cruel? Fight fire with fire. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      March 19, 2021 5:56 AM MDT

The "eye for an eye" rule simply meant let the punishment fit the crime.  In other words, the punishment wasn't to be excessive (such as executing someone for letting the parking meter expire). 

Today, the punishment for crimes are all screwed up.  If a rich person and a poor person commit the same crime, 9 out of 10 times the rich person's sentence will be more lenient.  And if a white person and a black person commit the same crime, the black person will be lucky not to be killed at the scene (who needs a trial?).

This post was edited by Shuhak at March 20, 2021 3:07 AM MDT
      March 19, 2021 10:52 AM MDT

I know but I think it was always that way Shuhak. What I don't know is WHY. Money trumps justice every time. Also skin color trumps everything. Years ago there was movie titled 'PINKY" about a woman who was light skinned and passed for white I think that movie would be reviled today but way back then it was method of surviving racism. Who was the first person who hated based on skin color? I always wonder about firsts. No way we will ever know wouldn't you like to? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      March 20, 2021 3:26 AM MDT

Not a fan of the death sentence, a jury can get it wrong. The last man executed in Australia, Ronald Ryan, was later proven innocent of the murder he was hanged for.
    I'm in favour of CORPORAL punishment. Flog him. Daily. A man unfairly beaten can sue, a dead man can't.
      March 20, 2021 3:33 AM MDT

True. How many guilty WALK? How many innocent fry? How can we ever know that? Thank you for your reply R! :)
      March 20, 2021 11:01 AM MDT