Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Dull knives can do a lot of damage. What does it take to sharpen them? How much damage can dull minds do? Are they sharpenable?

Dull knives can do a lot of damage. What does it take to sharpen them? How much damage can dull minds do? Are they sharpenable?

Posted - March 16, 2021

Responses

I have a knife sharpener: never used  it though. I also have a stone from my grandad that he used for sharpening knives.

My sharp knife has vanished off the face of the earth. With the really sharp ones you are just as likely to do yourself a mischief as anyone else. 

March 16, 2021 3:19 AM MDT

We have a couple of them. Jim is in charge of knife-sharpening. I think there is a certain skill to doing it right. I just show him which one(s) needs sharpening and he takes over! Is it harder to sharpen a dull mind than a dull knife? Thank you for your reply  Malizz and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine. I'm the family clutz. I have be very mindful when I'm using a knife. I've cut myself more than once because I wasn't focused! SIGH. :)
      March 16, 2021 4:09 AM MDT