Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Fame always comes with a pricetag. At the very least privacy/anonymity are sacrified for it and to it. What else do the famous sacrifice?

Fame always comes with a pricetag. At the very least privacy/anonymity are sacrified for it and to it. What else do the famous sacrifice?

Posted - March 20, 2021

Responses

Peace and quiet. Diana was chased to death by paparazzi.
      March 20, 2021 4:22 AM MDT

I know. Because she was with some famous guy at the time, right? She was hounded by the press as Meghan surely was and would be. Hounded to death. Sad end to a sad life but she did have her two boys. Thank you for your reply R. Oh. I just asked a question about having dreams. Guess who inspired it?
      March 20, 2021 4:30 AM MDT

I won't be answering that one, because I already have!

Diana had already BEEN with the second most famous guy in England - unless his mother outlives him, he'll be King someday. Then after she and Charles split, she took up with a notoriously womanising playboy - which was always going to attract attention, particularly as she was the mother of the future head of the Episcopalian/Anglican Church, dating a Muslim.
      March 20, 2021 4:36 AM MDT

I know. Charles? What a putz. I will never forget how disgusting he was...didn't he say he wanted to a tampon inside Camilla or something? I mean seriously how sick is that? She will always be his horsefaced mistress to me. He is no prize for sure. I wonder what would have happened if Charles had actually LOVED Diana and been faithful to her? Would she still be alive today? Who knows?. Was it some defiant perversity within her to "take up with" with a Muslim? I'm sure she had lots of choices. Why choose him? I don't know if William is a racist. We know Harry is not. Sounds like the Royal Family is a royal pain in the arse in spots. Noblesse oblige? What a joke! I bet William and Kate didn't like the competition/glamor of Harry and Megan. And maybe racism was a part of that mix. WHY ELSE would brother not defend brother? Sibling rivalry I guess. Thank you for your reply R! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 20, 2021 4:45 AM MDT
      March 20, 2021 4:43 AM MDT

Harry has certainly acted insensitively with regard to racism. It wasn't William who wore a Nazi uniform to a masquerade ball.
    Seems to me that Wills acts like big brothers usually do when little brothers annoy them - that one I know from experience, I was big brother to five annoying twerps.

Elizabeth herself is Britain's greatest ambassador, but the UK would be better off without the rest of the family sponging off the public purse. Look after Her Maj, Charlie, Wills and little George to keep the line going - but the rest of them can go and earn a bloody living.
      March 20, 2021 4:50 AM MDT

Good GRIEF! I didn't know that about Harry. When was that? Anyway scuttlebutt is that Harry isn't Charles' but some redhead guy that Diana dallied with. Harry does not look like any of them. I wonder how close William and Harry were before this latest scandal? Megan is an actress after all. How sincere is she? It's just that any taint of racism these days is a very black mark except for the racists of course who are having a field day thanks to FOOTOO. Thank you for your reply R! :)
      March 20, 2021 5:06 AM MDT

Is that worse than paedophilia? Andrew has been stripped of all royal duties due to his close association with a known child trafficker who "suicided" in prison awaiting trial.
      March 20, 2021 10:30 PM MDT

Jeffrey Epstein, long time pal of FOOTOO . There is NOTHING WORSE than harming a child in my opinion. And there are some who think it wasn't suicide. Those who are in prison for raping torturing murdering children do not survive for very long. I know that's precisely why there are quotation marks around your "suicide" R. Well-deserved. As for Andrew he was always a cipher compared to his flamboyant outspoken wife. I don't know why there is such evil in the world. There is allegedly a reason for everything. I'd sure like to know the reason for that! I'll ask. Thank you for your reply m'dear and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      March 21, 2021 2:21 AM MDT