Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are all Scots BRIGHT WHITE? Allegedly 84% of the population of Scotland is white. 0.7% is Black African or African Caribbean descent! WHAT?

Are all Scots BRIGHT WHITE? Allegedly 84% of the population of Scotland is white. 0.7% is Black African or African Caribbean descent! WHAT?

Yep. There actually are AFRO SCOTS or BLACK SCOTTISH born and bred and raised. Apparently Africans arrived in Scotland in the 15th century. Didja know that?

Posted - March 27, 2021

Responses

There are people of every race in every country.
      March 27, 2021 5:44 AM MDT

I did know that because one of my buddies is a black Highlander. Sometimes when we are drinking he breaks into song and sings - I don't care what the white man says George Wallace was a black man. Cheers and happy weekend!
      March 27, 2021 10:47 AM MDT

Funnee hunnee! He WAS? That will be a he** of a shock to his fans. I'm still giggling m'dear for which I thank you! All OKAY with you and your family Nanoose? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine for all time! :) You KNOW what's coming next! Does he wear a kilt? Does he bagpipe? Does he do the Highland Fling? Inquiring minds wanna know these things! If YOU know couldja share? This post was edited by RosieG at March 27, 2021 11:03 AM MDT
      March 27, 2021 11:01 AM MDT

What I find funny is he still has a Scottish accent. He doesn't wear a kilt or play the pipes but he does a pretty good Highland Fling. The family and I are  good. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      March 27, 2021 11:14 AM MDT

Thanks bigly bunches for your reply Nanoose. Most important..you and the family are GOOD! May it stay that way. I don't want to lose you. Selfish me. What exactly is a Highland Fling? I saw a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers movie in which a segment featured a Highland Fling. I wonder if that was really what it's like? Did you witness it and if so can you describe it? :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 27, 2021 11:19 AM MDT
      March 27, 2021 11:18 AM MDT